System Clock sluggish

Old May 15th 09, 08:05 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
CaseOfEmergency

Default System Clock sluggish

Ever since i got this Acer Aspire 5611, almost two years back now, the
system time is usually off. When shut down, clock seems to shut down too.
Also, when it is very busy, clock turns sluggish.
Is this a known problem, or is my laptop bloody kaputt bloody ?

What can I do, except calling in the plumber ?

Old May 16th 09, 02:00 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
rebel

On Fri, 15 May 2009 21:05:08 +0200, "CaseOfEmergency"
wrote:

Ever since i got this Acer Aspire 5611, almost two years back now, the
system time is usually off. When shut down, clock seems to shut down too.
Also, when it is very busy, clock turns sluggish.
Is this a known problem, or is my laptop bloody kaputt bloody ?

Does it maintain time while the machine is on? i.e. if you power the machine up
and set the time, does it stay OK while you keep it powered up?

If so, sounds like the "reserve battery" (aka backup/RTC battery) is U/S or not
being recharged for some reason.

If not, it suggests a RTC problem.
Old May 16th 09, 08:45 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
CaseOfEmergency

"rebel" schreef in bericht

wrote:

Ever since i got this Acer Aspire 5611, almost two years back now, the
system time is usually off. When shut down, clock seems to shut down too.
Also, when it is very busy, clock turns sluggish.
Is this a known problem, or is my laptop bloody kaputt bloody ?

Does it maintain time while the machine is on? i.e. if you power the
machine up
and set the time, does it stay OK while you keep it powered up?

If so, sounds like the "reserve battery" (aka backup/RTC battery) is U/S
or not
being recharged for some reason.

If not, it suggests a RTC problem.

I thought of that, but no, even when up it is slow, eratic too.

System Clock not working! Paul[_9_] General 2 September 11th 07 06:52 PM
GeForce 6200...system sluggish, reason? I LOVE WALMART Nvidia Videocards 4 November 15th 05 05:04 AM
System clock The Walkers General 8 December 21st 03 03:36 AM
System Clock running in hyper mode on Intel system Kevin Hammond Intel 5 August 13th 03 08:59 PM