ACER - Application

Old October 30th 07, 02:54 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
Ultima

Default ACER - Application

I got back my ACER - Aspire Notebook from ACER - support with the
application on the display : "Thank you, for having chosen our ACER -
product..." This patch covers 2/3 of the screen, is not to move and
not to delete. Do you know, how I could remove this application ?
Ultima

Old October 31st 07, 07:48 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
Wandering

"Ultima" wrote in message
ps.com...
I got back my ACER - Aspire Notebook from ACER - support with the
application on the display : "Thank you, for having chosen our ACER -
product..." This patch covers 2/3 of the screen, is not to move and
not to delete. Do you know, how I could remove this application ?
Ultima

Try changing the background screen.

Old November 7th 07, 07:32 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
doS

thanks

"DC" wrote in message
doS wrote:
what are you talking about?

"Ultima" wrote in message
ps.com...
I got back my ACER - Aspire Notebook from ACER - support with the
application on the display : "Thank you, for having chosen our ACER -
product..." This patch covers 2/3 of the screen, is not to move and
not to delete. Do you know, how I could remove this application ?
Ultima

I have seen this happen after a restore of the hard drive. After the
restoration, the unit will require at least 15 min to install all
drivers and apps that came on your computer. If the power is suddenly
interrupted during this time, the application install routine just keeps
opening when the computer starts and does not ever complete. I have
gotten rid of it simply by alt-F10-ing the unit and making sure the
install routine is finished before shutting down.