Microsoft & Intel dominance to end!

Old January 10th 05, 08:44 PM
YKhan

Default Microsoft & Intel dominance to end!

X-bit labs - Hardware news - Intel-Microsoft Dominance to Vanish, Says
Research Group
http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/other/d...110091351.html

Gee, it looks like it's been IBM that's been taking on Intel all of
this time, just like Linux has been taking on Microsoft all of this
time. What AMD?

Yousuf Khan

Old January 11th 05, 02:27 AM
keith

On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 12:44:23 -0800, YKhan wrote:

X-bit labs - Hardware news - Intel-Microsoft Dominance to Vanish, Says
Research Group
http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/other/d...110091351.html

Gee, it looks like it's been IBM that's been taking on Intel all of
this time, just like Linux has been taking on Microsoft all of this
time.

This is a surprise, Yousuf? Intel threw down the gauntlet with Itanic.
They crashed five years ago, so...

IBM has always (well, for at *least* ten years) been a big supporter of
Linux (to the tune or $1B/year, ten years ago). Where's the beef?

What AMD?

An ace in the hole? A revenue stream? A fab/development partner (see b?

--
Keith

Old January 11th 05, 05:47 AM
Yousuf Khan

keith wrote:
On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 12:44:23 -0800, YKhan wrote:

X-bit labs - Hardware news - Intel-Microsoft Dominance to Vanish, Says
Research Group
http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/other/d...110091351.html

Gee, it looks like it's been IBM that's been taking on Intel all of
this time, just like Linux has been taking on Microsoft all of this
time.

This is a surprise, Yousuf? Intel threw down the gauntlet with Itanic.
They crashed five years ago, so...

Actually, what I thought was funny is that it's yet another renta-report
consulting group trying to make a name for itself, by making outrageous
claims. The Boris Petrov Group, or something? Who the hell is that? :-)

Yousuf Khan
Old January 11th 05, 01:23 PM
George Macdonald

On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 00:47:42 -0500, Yousuf Khan wrote:

keith wrote:
On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 12:44:23 -0800, YKhan wrote:

X-bit labs - Hardware news - Intel-Microsoft Dominance to Vanish, Says
Research Group
http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/other/d...110091351.html

Gee, it looks like it's been IBM that's been taking on Intel all of
this time, just like Linux has been taking on Microsoft all of this
time.

This is a surprise, Yousuf? Intel threw down the gauntlet with Itanic.
They crashed five years ago, so...

Actually, what I thought was funny is that it's yet another renta-report
consulting group trying to make a name for itself, by making outrageous
claims. The Boris Petrov Group, or something? Who the hell is that? :-)

Hey, they've got "analysts" in Russia too!!:-)

--
Rgds, George Macdonald
Old January 11th 05, 08:39 PM
The little lost angel

wrote:

Actually, what I thought was funny is that it's yet another renta-report
consulting group trying to make a name for itself, by making outrageous
claims. The Boris Petrov Group, or something? Who the hell is that? :-)

Why you ignorant dimwit frog in the well, just because you never heard
of it doesn't mean they are not credible. I'm sure you never heard of
the L'Ange Connerie Group yet they produce most reliable reports. You
should try, only Euro $100 a pop for these incredible reports. The
latest being "Increasing Dominance of the Stier Method in Fabrication
- Competitive Comparison against Existing Technologies"

If you need basic to med complexity webpages at affordable rates, email me
Old January 12th 05, 02:47 AM
keith

wrote:

Actually, what I thought was funny is that it's yet another renta-report
consulting group trying to make a name for itself, by making outrageous
claims. The Boris Petrov Group, or something? Who the hell is that? :-)

Why you ignorant dimwit frog in the well,

Wait just a minute! I didn't think Yousuf was Quebecois! ;-)

just because you never heard
of it doesn't mean they are not credible. I'm sure you never heard of
the L'Ange Connerie Group

Hmm, perhaps there is a hint here of L'Angel's real name. Is a picture
soon to come? ;-)

yet they produce most reliable reports. You
should try, only Euro $100 a pop for these incredible reports. The
latest being "Increasing Dominance of the Stier Method in Fabrication -
Competitive Comparison against Existing Technologies"

Outside racetracks here thay have people who did real well predicting
yesterdays races too. Amazingly, they're just like weather forecasters.
They can tell you exactly why yesterday was as it was.

--
Keith
Old January 12th 05, 09:25 PM
YKhan

wrote:

Actually, what I thought was funny is that it's yet another

renta-report
consulting group trying to make a name for itself, by making

outrageous
claims. The Boris Petrov Group, or something? Who the hell is that?

:-)

Why you ignorant dimwit frog in the well,

Wait just a minute! I didn't think Yousuf was Quebecois! ;-)

Actually, I am now. I've quietly moved from Ottawa to Montreal, which
technically makes me a Quebecois. How lil'lost found out about it, way
out in Singapore, I'll never know! :-)

Yousuf Khan

Old January 13th 05, 02:32 AM
keith

wrote:

Actually, what I thought was funny is that it's yet another

renta-report
consulting group trying to make a name for itself, by making

outrageous
claims. The Boris Petrov Group, or something? Who the hell is that?

:-)

Why you ignorant dimwit frog in the well,

Wait just a minute! I didn't think Yousuf was Quebecois! ;-)

Actually, I am now. I've quietly moved from Ottawa to Montreal, which
technically makes me a Quebecois.

My condolences. Otttawa is a nice city (though I liked Toronto better).
Montreal simply sucks (well, Gibbys is a fine resteraunt).

How lil'lost found out about it, way out in Singapore, I'll never know! :-)

She is a whiley one, our Angel! ;-)

--
Keith

Old January 13th 05, 12:41 PM
Yousuf Khan

keith wrote:
Actually, I am now. I've quietly moved from Ottawa to Montreal, which
technically makes me a Quebecois.

My condolences. Otttawa is a nice city (though I liked Toronto better).
Montreal simply sucks (well, Gibbys is a fine resteraunt).

Ottawa is still where I live on weekends. And as for Toronto, I think
most people will agree, it's a nice place to visit, but they wouldn't
want to live there.

I turned down a job in Toronto to take a job in Montreal.

Yousuf Khan
Old January 13th 05, 05:19 PM
The little lost angel

On 12 Jan 2005 13:25:15 -0800, "YKhan" wrote:
Actually, I am now. I've quietly moved from Ottawa to Montreal, which
technically makes me a Quebecois. How lil'lost found out about it, way
out in Singapore, I'll never know! :-)

Told ya that the L'Ange Connerie Group knows their stuff! :PPppPp

I thought we're a chips group here and nobody interested in the Stier
Method in Fabrication?

If you need basic to med complexity webpages at affordable rates, email me