lite on cd burner

Old September 1st 03, 09:28 PM
*

Default lite on cd burner

I just installed a lite-on cd burner, I bought from computer geek, I'm
running a Platinum supreme 1665 win95.
I loaded the easy cd creator cd into the drive, but when I tryed to view the
cd with windows explorer, I got a unable to read drive H:
so I took out my one HD and put the old cd rom back in and loaded easy cd
creater from that drive.
the software loaded ok.
then I tryed to burn a cd, but after going the process, the cd remained
blank.
but now I was able to read a factory burned cd in it.
I shut down for awhile and when I rebooted and tryed to burn a cd I got a
bunce of errors, one was a tracking error, I forgot the rest.
the cd's are RW X4 the burner is 12x10x32
is it because I'm useing 95 insted of 98 that its not writeing to the cd?
or is the burner just bad?

Old September 1st 03, 10:09 PM
Ben Myers

I think that some more information would help us to figure out what might be
wrong with the setup there.

First, do you set the master-slave-CS jumpers on the Lite-On burner to be
identical to those of the drive you removed? If so, then the symptoms you
describe may indicate a faulty drive.

Next, it is not clear whether or not you can read from the drive at all. If
not, then either it is set up improperly or it is faulty.

Next, what is the speed of the processor? A slow processor will impose a severe
limit on the maximum speed at which you can burn CD. How much memory does the
computer have?

Next, is the version of EZ CD Creator compatible with your drive? How do you
know? Almost all of the CD burning packages have lists of drives with which
they operate. If your drive is not in the list, it can't be used to burn a CD.

Finally, I have no experience with rewritable CD media. You'll need the advice
of someone else about them. I only use the inexpensive write-once CDs, which
are perfect for my use. I have thousands of them bought at an auction, so what
if a CD disc gets turned into a coaster once in a while? ... Ben Myers

Old September 1st 03, 11:15 PM
*

"Ben Myers" wrote in message
I think that some more information would help us to figure out what might

be
wrong with the setup there.

First, do you set the master-slave-CS jumpers on the Lite-On burner to be
identical to those of the drive you removed? If so, then the symptoms you
describe may indicate a faulty drive.

ide#1 C: master I: slave(cd burner)
ide#2 D: , F: master(2.5g partitioned) E:,G: slave

Next, it is not clear whether or not you can read from the drive at all.

If
not, then either it is set up improperly or it is faulty.

Next, what is the speed of the processor? A slow processor will impose a

severe
limit on the maximum speed at which you can burn CD. How much memory

does the
computer have?

pentium 166mhz

Next, is the version of EZ CD Creator compatible with your drive? How do

you
know? Almost all of the CD burning packages have lists of drives with

which
they operate. If your drive is not in the list, it can't be used to burn

a CD.

Easy CD Creater (basic) ver# 5.3
it came with the burner

Finally, I have no experience with rewritable CD media. You'll need the

advice
of someone else about them. I only use the inexpensive write-once CDs,

which
are perfect for my use. I have thousands of them bought at an auction, so

what
if a CD disc gets turned into a coaster once in a while? ... Ben Myers

I tryed them first, had to take them back to K-Mart they were memorex 48x
multispeed.
I picked up the cd-rw 4x.
the first time I tryed to record at the 4x setting, cd still bland, switched
to 2x, cd still blank.
I noticed after installing the cd-burner it was warm, today its not as warm,
slightly above room temp.
I just placed the easy cd-creater cd in the drive, and tryed to read it,
but I think I screwed up by trying to read it before the drive was finished
reading the cd.
so I'm going to send this message and shut down and reboot to see if I can
read from it then.

[...]

Can anybody recommend a black bezel for my Lite On 52X burner? dg Cdr 2 April 15th 04 06:21 PM
Burner has demon inside dax Cdr 2 February 16th 04 04:54 AM
Lite on cd burner + nero express Tony Cdr 0 January 27th 04 11:49 AM
BackUp MyPC: How to Slow Down the CD Burner? JamesDad Cdr 5 October 29th 03 04:10 AM
Help!! My Burner Can't Read Any Disks (Blank or Recorded) , Is it Dying On Me. Neemo Cdr 0 July 30th 03 05:57 AM