Avoid Circuit City

Old May 20th 04, 08:01 PM
seeker

I's really no differ4ent at many stores...chain r therwise.....Compusa
does the same or worse. No sense getting angry...just take the
business elsewhere.

On Thu, 20 May 2004 11:47:50 -0400, "pedro itriago"
wrote:

They pulled the same stunt to me when looking for a toshiba satellite. Even
worse, at the end nobody wanted to help me because "everyone is busy right
now", but when they were attending me they interrupted every time to attend
other customers.

I got really ****ed of and told out loud that I was going to compusa instead
(right across the street). Someone from a register came out to calm me down
and that she would talk to the people in the computer section.

It's really annoying when they tell you "no, that rebate is no longer
available" and not only you previously talked to someone who told you there
was that rebate, but also the sticker is still on display.

Old May 20th 04, 09:00 PM
pedro itriago

That maybe the case of our fellow forumster, but mine was completely
different, even so, they could have managed to solve that problem in a
different way.
In my case, I was there, the sale was there and they just simply thought
they could do a sale with other customer (which, btw, he lost too). It also
shows that they really don't work on commissions, just plain salary,
otherwise I couldn't explain their behavior.

I went to compusa for something other than a laptop, I went for a complete
custom-built computer and the sales guy was there with my all the times,
caring for what I wanted & needed. It made for an incredible experience
which allowed me to improvise on the spot and get some things I didn't think
I needed before I entered the store, but allowed me to solve a great problem
that created the new computer in my house. Bottom line, they got a bigger
sale and a happy customer.

I knew a different circuit city some years ago and I came to know many of
the people working there because of how well they cared for their customers.
It's a completely different story nowadays.

--
Pole Dome Guitar Religion

"If you choose not to decide
you still have made a choice..."
Rush

"Walt" wrote in message
I kind of hard time following your story since you seem to be using
interchangeable the concept of a sale price and of a rebate.

However, basically, you went to CC to buy a computer. Once there,
you became uncertain of which model to get. So, you simply walked
out without buying anything.

You finally went back to CC after several days only to find out
that you waited too long. The sale/rebate ended as scheduled.

Well, sales end and rebates end all the time. That is just the
way the world works. The phrase "you snooze, you loose" comes
to mind.

Of course, you want to bully the CC manager into giving you
an exception. Basically, sales and rebates end as scheduled
for everyone except you, right? You walked out that first time
without buying anything, and you want to make that CC's fault.
I guess you feel that since you told CC "I'd be back Wednesday"
that you had "dibs" on the sale/rebates until then. However, just
how many people say "I'll be back" and never actually come back?
Matter of fact, I would think that a phrase like "I'll be back"
is like "I'll call you" or "Let's have lunch sometime". Just
a way to depart and leave someone. I would not fault the
salesperson for taking it to be a meaningless phrase that it is.

Sure, it would be nice if the CC manager made an exception for
you, and give you the sale price/rebate after they ended. However,
that doesn't make the manager, or CC, "bad" for not doing so.

MikeW wrote:

This is unbelievable. IMO, Avoid Circuit City at all costs after what

they
just pulled on me.

Old May 20th 04, 09:03 PM
bill

In article , stew1960
@mail.com says...

"bill" wrote in message
In article ,
says...
"Lil' Dave" wrote in
snip

I have written Circuit City online. I told them of the incident and that
will gladly purchase it online [which I could have] if they make things
right. If they don't I'll just write a macro and post the message every
few
weeks for a year. They will lose more in sales over this than any
alledged
loss they take selling me it for $1199.

Thanks,
Mike

You don't know much about _________ outfits do you. They don't
give a **** what you do. There will always be more sheep to shear.

Bill

(bill's post edited to make a point)

Take the above statement and fill in the blank. This thread would be
shorter if we listed businesses who DID and DO give a crap and offer
outstanding customer service before and after the sale.

I do agree, however, with the OPs original point. Circuit City could've
made this right so very easily, yet apparently doesn't care enough to do so.
Perhaps a blessing; if they treated you this way upfront, then imagine how
they would treat you once they had your money after the sale.

Stew

I've found small retail outfits much more accomodating than big
retail outfits. The loss of one sale and bad word of mouth comments
about their business practices has a much bigger impact on the
sales, and they know it. You'll end up paying more at at small
retailer, but you'll usually get better service.

Bill
Old May 20th 04, 10:18 PM
MikeW

bill wrote in

New sheep are born every day.

Yes...and because of things like this exhibition of no concern for
principle we are raising a generation that took 60 years to build a WWII
memorial.

MikeW
Old May 20th 04, 10:19 PM
MikeW

"Kylesb" wrote in :

stop whining!

Thank you, Arnold!

MikeW
Old May 20th 04, 10:21 PM
MikeW

"S.Lewis" wrote in
:

Perhaps a blessing; if they treated you this way upfront, then
imagine how they would treat you once they had your money after the
sale.

Yes...as I'm looking at a new Projection TV to the tune of $3,000+. Now I
know that if something went wrong within 24 hours it would be "call the
manufacturer."

Thanks,
MikeW

P.S. Last time spent posting on this issue. Apparently many here are quite
qualified to be CC salesmen.
Old May 20th 04, 10:25 PM
MikeW

Dr Teeth wrote in
:

The principle is that you tried to buy a product after the offer
ended.

*You* are in the wrong and Circuit City is better off without you.

Sounds like you can't understand that the guy wrote the price with the
rebate down on a piece of paper on Monday. That would be 5/17/04 which is
greater than 5/16/04. Your point is demonsrtrably wrong.

Now, can you tell me why 911 is greater than 1066?

Old May 20th 04, 10:25 PM
MikeW

"Lil' Dave" wrote in

You might take a listen,

Maybe I should listen to iteotwawki

Old May 20th 04, 10:26 PM
MikeW

Dixon Butz wrote in
:

You want some cheese with that "whine"??

Thanks for the help. You have a nice day.

MikeW

P.S. Last time spent posting on this issue. Apparently many here are quite
qualified to be CC salesmen.

Clicking Seagate drive / Swapped circuit board John Smith Homebuilt PC's 8 June 3rd 04 07:56 AM
Avoid Circuit City MikeW Overclocking 41 June 1st 04 04:11 PM
Avoid Circuit City MikeW General 29 May 27th 04 07:37 AM
Hewlett-Packard & Circuit City Richard E Sgrignoli General 2 March 17th 04 09:42 AM
vcore mod a7n8x-x Moods Asus Motherboards 1 January 18th 04 10:23 AM