How to secure yourself from the Central Security Service

Old June 22nd 09, 01:52 AM posted to alt.computer,24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.computer.security,alt.privacy,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
PeeCee

Default How to secure yourself from the Central Security Service

"GreenXenon" wrote in message
On Jun 21, 12:18 am, "PeeCee" wrote:

"GreenXenon" wrote in message

Hi:

Here is how to secure yourself against the evil Central Security
Service:

1. Make sure your computer does NOT have any NVRAM

2. Make sure your MAC addy is dynamic

3. Access the internet via a publicly-available wireless access point
-- such as an internet cafe

Where they can set up a packet scanner and log everything you send and
recieve.
Don't forget they don't have to have access to the Cafe, all they have to
do
is put the packet sniffer in at the Exchange/Cable cabinet.
You will be easy enough to pick up from your 'Signature'

What is my "signature"?

Those traits, habits and preferences 'you' exhibit when using the net.
Make no mistake if you are under surveillance (and I seriously doubt you
are) your profile will show just how 'predictable' you are.

Lets take your MAC paranoia for example.
Your profile will show whenever you connect to the internet your MAC will
allways be different.
Given most folk use the same MAC 99.99% of the time your habit of changing
your MAC instantly makes you stand out and forms part of your 'Signature'

P.

Old June 22nd 09, 02:39 AM posted to alt.computer,24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.computer.security,alt.privacy,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Rod Speed

GreenXenon wrote
Rod Speed wrote
GreenXenon wrote
Rod Speed wrote
GreenXenon wrote
Rod Speed wrote
GreenXenon wrote

Also, the MAC addy should be completely dynamic. IOW,
each time the power is offed, the network card should generate
a completely new MAC addy and have no trace of the old one.

Its completely trivial to work out what MAC addresses you have used.

Yeah but they wouldn't know it's me using those MAC addresses.

Corse they do.

How?

If I told you that I'd have to kill you. Again.

You always say that.

You quite sure you aint one of those rocket scientist paranoid loonys ?

Just tell me and get it over with.

No thanks, we need someone to laugh at.

Old June 22nd 09, 02:50 AM posted to alt.computer,24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.computer.security,alt.privacy,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
GreenXenon

On Jun 21, 5:52 pm, "PeeCee" wrote:

[...]

But isn't it my MAC address that makes me identifiable? If my MAC addy
keeps changing, how will the Central Security Service know who I am?

Old June 22nd 09, 02:53 AM posted to alt.computer,24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.computer.security,alt.privacy,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
GreenXenon

On Jun 21, 5:52 pm, "PeeCee" wrote:

Your profile will show whenever you connect to the internet your MAC will
allways be different.

How will my "profile" be visible?

Isn't there a way to hide it or make it dynamic while using the
internet [and posting messages] so that no one will no who I am?
Old June 22nd 09, 06:58 AM posted to alt.computer,24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.computer.security,alt.privacy,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Rod Speed

GreenXenon wrote
PeeCee wrote
GreenXenon wrote
PeeCee wrote
GreenXenon wrote

Here is how to secure yourself against the evil Central Security Service:

Pure fantasy.

1. Make sure your computer does NOT have any NVRAM

2. Make sure your MAC addy is dynamic

3. Access the internet via a publicly-available wireless access point -- such as an internet cafe

Where they can set up a packet scanner and log everything you send and recieve.

Don't forget they don't have to have access to the Cafe, all they
have to do is put the packet sniffer in at the Exchange/Cable cabinet.

They dont even need to do that.

You will be easy enough to pick up from your 'Signature'

What is my "signature"?

Those traits, habits and preferences 'you' exhibit when using the
net. Make no mistake if you are under surveillance (and I seriously
doubt you are) your profile will show just how 'predictable' you are.

Lets take your MAC paranoia for example.

Your profile will show whenever you connect
to the internet your MAC will allways be different.

Given most folk use the same MAC 99.99% of the
time your habit of changing your MAC instantly makes
you stand out and forms part of your 'Signature'

But isn't it my MAC address that makes me identifiable?

Nope.

If my MAC addy keeps changing, how will the Central Security Service know who I am?

By your signature, stupid.

Old June 22nd 09, 07:00 AM posted to alt.computer,24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.computer.security,alt.privacy,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Rod Speed

GreenXenon wrote
PeeCee wrote

Your profile will show whenever you connect to
the internet your MAC will allways be different.

How will my "profile" be visible?

By from the fact that your MAC is always different, stupid.

No one else's is different every time.

Isn't there a way to hide it or make it dynamic while using the
internet [and posting messages] so that no one will no who I am?

Nope. Just the fact that its always different absolutely guarantees that its you, stupid.

Old June 22nd 09, 09:18 AM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
John Turco

Rod Speed wrote:

GreenXenon wrote

Here is how to secure yourself against the evil Central Security Service:

Pity that is just another of your pathetic little drug crazed fantasys, child.

Hello, Rod:

Yeah, this "GreenXenon" character must be a real loony! After all, everybody
knows that the "9/11" attack was the work of extraterrestrial invaders, from
the distant "Alpha Yo Momma" galaxy. G

Cordially,
John Turco
Old June 22nd 09, 09:58 AM posted to alt.computer,24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.computer.security,alt.privacy,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
PeeCee

On Jun 21, 5:52 pm, "PeeCee" wrote:

[...]

Nope, you make yourself identifiable by your own actions.

Changing MAC's
Time of day you are on.
Websites you visit
Days you 'dont' come on.
Newsgroups visited.
Content of posts to newsgroups.
Logging on at different Cafe's
What is searched for.
What Anti Virus you use (and don't use)
etc etc.

i.e. your 'Signature'

P.

Old June 22nd 09, 11:19 AM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Rod Speed

John Turco wrote
Rod Speed wrote
GreenXenon wrote

Here is how to secure yourself against the evil Central Security Service:

Pity that is just another of your pathetic little drug crazed fantasys, child.

Hello, Rod:

Yeah, this "GreenXenon" character must be a real loony!

Yeah, barking mad.

After all, everybody knows that the "9/11" attack was the work of
extraterrestrial invaders, from the distant "Alpha Yo Momma" galaxy.

Bugger, we're gunna have to kill you now. Bye....

Cordially,

Not into cordial anymore, more into beer,

John Turco

Beerily,
Rod.

Old June 22nd 09, 04:41 PM posted to alt.computer,24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.computer.security,alt.privacy,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
GreenXenon

On Jun 21, 5:52 pm, "PeeCee" wrote:

[...]

How would anyone know the following and is there a way to hide it
while still accessing the net?:
1. Time of day I am on
2. Websites I visit
3. Newsgroups visited
4. What is searched for
5. What Anti Virus I use
6. My browser
7. My OS

What technical stuff [as in coded IDs] other than the MAC address and
IP address can reveal my who, how, what, when, where, why?

How would people know that it's me searching for stuff or visiting
websites/newsgroups?