How to secure yourself from the Central Security Service

Old June 21st 09, 11:04 AM posted to alt.computer,24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.computer.security,alt.privacy,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Martin[_8_]

Default How to secure yourself from the Central Security Service

Rod Speed wrote:

I didnt say there was any NVRAM in those, child.

him: 1. Make sure your computer does NOT have any NVRAM

me: I remember those days.

you: Nope.

So what WERE you saying then?
Old June 21st 09, 04:09 PM posted to alt.computer,24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.computer.security,alt.privacy,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
GreenXenon

On Jun 20, 11:19 pm, "Rod Speed" wrote:

GreenXenon wrote

Also, the MAC addy should be completely dynamic. IOW,
each time the power is offed, the network card should generate
a completely new MAC addy and have no trace of the old one.

Its completely trivial to work out what MAC addresses you have used.

Yeah but they wouldn't know it's me using those MAC addresses. At
least not immediately.
Old June 21st 09, 04:12 PM posted to alt.computer,24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.computer.security,alt.privacy,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
GreenXenon

On Jun 21, 12:18 am, "PeeCee" wrote:

"GreenXenon" wrote in message

Hi:

Here is how to secure yourself against the evil Central Security
Service:

1. Make sure your computer does NOT have any NVRAM

2. Make sure your MAC addy is dynamic

3. Access the internet via a publicly-available wireless access point
-- such as an internet cafe

Where they can set up a packet scanner and log everything you send and
recieve.
Don't forget they don't have to have access to the Cafe, all they have to do
is put the packet sniffer in at the Exchange/Cable cabinet.
You will be easy enough to pick up from your 'Signature'

What is my "signature"?
Old June 21st 09, 04:33 PM posted to alt.computer,24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.computer.security,alt.privacy,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Eric Gisin

Do not feed the schizo troll.

"GreenXenon" wrote in message
Hi:

Here is how to secure yourself against the evil Central Security
Service:

1. Make sure your computer does NOT have any NVRAM

2. Make sure your MAC addy is dynamic

3. Access the internet via a publicly-available wireless access point
-- such as an internet cafe

4. Use a very powerful and sensitive wireless transmitter/receiver for
the internet so that you can use the access point from at least 1/4
mile away.

Now run along and have fun on the net w/out oppression from the
worthless POS Central Security Service dirtbags.

Best of luck

Old June 21st 09, 06:58 PM posted to alt.computer,24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.computer.security,alt.privacy,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Rod Speed

GreenXenon wrote
Rod Speed wrote
GreenXenon wrote

Also, the MAC addy should be completely dynamic. IOW,
each time the power is offed, the network card should generate
a completely new MAC addy and have no trace of the old one.

Its completely trivial to work out what MAC addresses you have used.

Yeah but they wouldn't know it's me using those MAC addresses.

Corse they do.

At least not immediately.

Wrong, as always.

Old June 21st 09, 07:25 PM posted to alt.computer,24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.computer.security,alt.privacy,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Rod Speed

Martin wrote
Rod Speed wrote

I didnt say there was any NVRAM in those, child.

him: 1. Make sure your computer does NOT have any NVRAM

me: I remember those days.

you: Nope.

So what WERE you saying then?

I was clearly saying that you were remembering it wrong.

And I never ever said that there werent days when computers had no NVRAM, of course there were.

You carefully deleted from the quoting what I said you remembered wrong.

Old June 21st 09, 10:51 PM posted to alt.computer,24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.computer.security,alt.privacy,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Rod Speed

GreenXenon wrote
Rod Speed wrote
GreenXenon wrote
Rod Speed wrote
GreenXenon wrote

Also, the MAC addy should be completely dynamic. IOW,
each time the power is offed, the network card should generate
a completely new MAC addy and have no trace of the old one.

Its completely trivial to work out what MAC addresses you have used.

Yeah but they wouldn't know it's me using those MAC addresses.

Corse they do.

How?

If I told you that I'd have to kill you. Again.

Old June 22nd 09, 12:45 AM posted to alt.computer,24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.computer.security,alt.privacy,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
GreenXenon

On Jun 21, 2:51 pm, "Rod Speed" wrote:

GreenXenon wrote

Rod Speed wrote

GreenXenon wrote

Rod Speed wrote

GreenXenon wrote

Also, the MAC addy should be completely dynamic. IOW,
each time the power is offed, the network card should generate
a completely new MAC addy and have no trace of the old one.

Its completely trivial to work out what MAC addresses you have used.

Yeah but they wouldn't know it's me using those MAC addresses.

Corse they do.

How?

If I told you that I'd have to kill you. Again.

You always say that. Just tell me and get it over with.
Old June 22nd 09, 01:42 AM posted to alt.computer,24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.computer.security,alt.privacy,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Jeff Strickland[_2_]

"GreenXenon" wrote in message
On Jun 21, 2:51 pm, "Rod Speed" wrote:

GreenXenon wrote

Rod Speed wrote

GreenXenon wrote

Rod Speed wrote

GreenXenon wrote

Also, the MAC addy should be completely dynamic. IOW,
each time the power is offed, the network card should generate
a completely new MAC addy and have no trace of the old one.

Its completely trivial to work out what MAC addresses you have used.

Yeah but they wouldn't know it's me using those MAC addresses.

Corse they do.

How?

If I told you that I'd have to kill you. Again.

You always say that. Just tell me and get it over with.

Just kill him and get over with. Sheesh!