Intel cancels next-generation Xeon for even-more-next-generationXeon

Old October 30th 05, 04:53 PM
keith

Default Intel Self-Destruct Mode Aids AMD Momentum

On Sat, 29 Oct 2005 01:41:40 +0000, wrote:

On 28 Oct 2005 13:52:39 -0700, "YKhan" wrote:

keith wrote:
The whole fleet of next years Xeons (now heating up verification labs at
select OEMs) use a separate hose for each processor to MCH connection. They're
not going to get to 1333mhz fsb speeds with daisy-chains...

Ok, but am I the only one who detects Intel trying to defend the
indefensable? IBM tried to hold the "upper ground" too, oh, about 15
years ago. ...and had a better position (different ISA).

Here's another article about it. It looks like the whole mainstream
media is finally waking upto the fact that Intel is not going to simply
come back after this one. It's built up a tremendous trailing position
of several years distance, which is getting damn near insurmountable.

InformationWeek Weblog: Intel Self-Destruct Mode Aids AMD Momentum
http://www.informationweek.com/blog/...lfdestr_1.html

Yousuf Khan

If only the ones sitting in corner offices and making procurement
decisions read InformationWeek or any other "mainstream media"... But
if they commute by car they almost certainly listen to that jingle on
the radio while driving.

The guys i the corner offices work while being driven. ;-)

And when they watch TV they certainly watch
the blue men (BTW, in Russian "blue men" is just another expression
for "fags")

Interesting. I suppose Intel changed its marketing for the Russian
audience? ;-)

- these executive folks rearly have sufficient programming
skills to program even TiVo so they are likely not skipping the ads. AMD
may be leaps and bounds ahead of Intel in terms of technology, but I
don't see them surpassing Intel marketing dept. any time soon.

Didn't you read the thread on F1? It seems Intel's marketing has indeed
been surpassed.

Besides, "nobody ever has been fired for buying Intel" still holds
true.

It *once* held true for IBM too. The world turns.

--
Keith
Old October 30th 05, 06:33 PM

On Sun, 30 Oct 2005 11:53:11 -0500, keith wrote:

....snip...
If only the ones sitting in corner offices and making procurement
decisions read InformationWeek or any other "mainstream media"... But
if they commute by car they almost certainly listen to that jingle on
the radio while driving.

The guys i the corner offices work while being driven. ;-)

Please let me respectfully disagree with this statement due to
following reasons:
- In the company *** I used to work for, I've more often than not
seen the Audi A8 parked in the spot reserved for (former) CIO
- In the place I worked before that, ome time the boss used to ride
his Harley to work (weather permitting)
- All these high end vehicles, such as Mercedes, Porsche, etc. you
see in rush hour traffic are not usually driven by humble cubicle
inhabitants
- And the most important, either in the rear seat of a corporate limo,
or in a corner office, or even aboard a corporate jet, the activities
of the inhabitants thereof rearly, if ever, results in anything
productive or even useful at all, so it is quite a stretch to call it
"work"
;-)
NNN

Old October 31st 05, 04:10 AM
keith

On Sun, 30 Oct 2005 18:33:07 +0000, wrote:

On Sun, 30 Oct 2005 11:53:11 -0500, keith wrote:

...snip...
If only the ones sitting in corner offices and making procurement
decisions read InformationWeek or any other "mainstream media"... But
if they commute by car they almost certainly listen to that jingle on
the radio while driving.

The guys i the corner offices work while being driven. ;-)

Please let me respectfully disagree with this statement due to
following reasons:
- In the company *** I used to work for, I've more often than not
seen the Audi A8 parked in the spot reserved for (former) CIO

Must be a small company.

- In the place I worked before that, ome time the boss used to ride
his Harley to work (weather permitting)

Must be a smaller company.

- All these high end vehicles, such as Mercedes, Porsche, etc. you
see in rush hour traffic are not usually driven by humble cubicle
inhabitants

They are where I work. The kidz drive the Mercs, Audis, and Beamers. No
one drives Porks.

- And the most important, either in the rear seat of a corporate limo,
or in a corner office, or even aboard a corporate jet, the activities of
the inhabitants thereof rearly, if ever, results in anything productive
or even useful at all, so it is quite a stretch to call it "work" ;-)

I think you have a very jaded view of what these folk really do. I don't
want their "easy" lifestyle, at all. I'm fine driving a Ford.

--
Keith
Old October 31st 05, 05:10 PM
YKhan

keith wrote:
I think you have a very jaded view of what these folk really do. I don't
want their "easy" lifestyle, at all. I'm fine driving a Ford.

It's a world of constant backstabbing, covering your ass, never looking
weak, etc. Sure you can make enough money to buy an Audi, Beamer, or
whatever (if you like German cars, that is), maybe even a couple of
them at the same time, but you can just as easily get your ass canned
in a hurry. One day you're here, and the next day you've been assigned
to a "special" project.

Old November 2nd 05, 02:42 AM
keith

On Mon, 31 Oct 2005 09:10:02 -0800, YKhan wrote:

keith wrote:
I think you have a very jaded view of what these folk really do. I don't
want their "easy" lifestyle, at all. I'm fine driving a Ford.

It's a world of constant backstabbing, covering your ass, never looking
weak, etc. Sure you can make enough money to buy an Audi, Beamer, or
whatever (if you like German cars, that is), maybe even a couple of
them at the same time, but you can just as easily get your ass canned
in a hurry. One day you're here, and the next day you've been assigned
to a "special" project.

The closer to the top, the closer to the door.

---
Keith