Will this Memory work with the NF7-S

Old December 4th 03, 03:09 AM
Thomas Goldsmith

Default Will this Memory work with the NF7-S

I was wondering if this Memory works with the NF7-S.
The Memory Config at the site does not bring it up for this board.

Kingston HyperX KHX3200/512 512MB DDR400 PC3200 Memory w/Heat Spreader
a.. New HyperX Enthusiast Grade Modules:
a.. Designed and built by the world's largest independent memory
manufacturer
b.. High performance DDR memory tested at speeds up to 400MHz
c.. CAS Latency 2 support for leading-edge performance
d.. 184-pin 400MHz (PC3200) Unbuffered DDR Modules
e.. Dual-bank 512MB modules
f.. Aluminum heat spreader for thermal diffusion
g.. HyperX memory modules based upon latest specifications and designs
h.. Kingston's memory chips were custom-packaged for Kingston and screened
to support the rated speeds on multi-million dollar testers (400MHz for
PC3200)
i.. Backed by Kingston's reputation for quality and support

a.. Kingston HyperX Features:
a.. 184-pin 400MHz (PC3200) Unbuffered DDR Modules
b.. 400MHz settings: 2-2-2-6-1 (CAS Latency 2)
c.. Dual-bank 512MB modules
d.. Aluminum heat spreader for thermal diffusion
e.. PC3200 PCB height: 1.200" (30.48mm)
If so.. Which should I buy??
512MB HyperX DDR PC3200 400MHz DIMM 2-2-2-6-1 CL2
http://www.ec.kingston.com/ecom/conf...no=KHX3200/512

512MB HyperX DDR PC3200 400MHz DIMM 2-3-2-6-1 CL2
http://www.ec.kingston.com/ecom/conf...o=KHX3200A/512

WHAT DOES COME UP AS USEABLE MEMORY IS:
512MB 400MHz DDR PC3200 DIMM CL2.5
http://www.ec.kingston.com/ecom/conf...R400X64C25/512

If none these work well.. Please Recommend something better.
Thanks!!!!

Old December 12th 03, 10:42 AM
Electron

I think any of the RAM you mentioned will work. With respect to the
timings, lower is better, I think. I'm certainly no expert. But 2-2-2
should be faster than 2-3-2. Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong.

You might want to check this thread on the nforcershq forum:
http://www.nforcershq.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19882

$140 seems way high to me. You can get 512MB PC3200 for well under $100,
though it won't be 2-2-2. Whether or not you want to pay more for faster
RAM depends on what you're doing.

"Thomas Goldsmith" wrote in
: