Audio CD SP2 question

Old October 3rd 04, 09:35 PM
Nomad

Default Audio CD SP2 question

Here is my problem. Any help appreciated.

Problem Description

Audio CD's cause the system to immediately trigger a reset. Data CD's
work perfectly. Everything worked fine with SP1

Operating Environment

Windows XP Pro SP2

Hardware Environment

Intel P4 3.0 Ghz HT
Intel D865 PERLL Motherboard
Plextor 161040A CDRW unit
Soundblaster Live
2 GB DDR400 PC3200

Thanks in advance.
The meek shall NOT inherit the earth.
Old October 3rd 04, 09:52 PM
spodosaurus

Nomad wrote:
Here is my problem. Any help appreciated.

Problem Description

Audio CD's cause the system to immediately trigger a reset. Data CD's
work perfectly. Everything worked fine with SP1

Operating Environment

Windows XP Pro SP2

Hardware Environment

Intel P4 3.0 Ghz HT
Intel D865 PERLL Motherboard
Plextor 161040A CDRW unit
Soundblaster Live
2 GB DDR400 PC3200

Thanks in advance.
The meek shall NOT inherit the earth.

What program do you have set to play audio cds when they're inserted?

Old October 4th 04, 04:05 AM
Nomad

Windows Media Player

Old October 4th 04, 09:14 AM
spodosaurus

Nomad wrote:
Windows Media Player

What program do you have set to play audio cds when they're inserted?

The meek shall NOT inherit the earth.

Have you tried turning off autoplay?