Compaq Presario 5000

Old February 26th 04, 05:38 PM
Maureen Aubertin

Default Compaq Presario 5000

I have in my Compaq Presario 5000 the program Microsoft Works. I deleted
things and the program don't work anymore and other programs I have needs
this one to work Microsoft Picture it). Can't even unistall it. I have to
restore my computer with the recovery cd to be able to reinstall Microsoft
Works.
I even tried to install newer verison of Works and my computer says to
uninstall the previous one first.

Anybody knows what to do? Or ever where can I retreive my deleted program
from recycle bin.

I really dont want to restore my computer!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks
Maureen

Old February 27th 04, 08:15 AM
donutbandit

"Maureen Aubertin" wrote in
:

I have in my Compaq Presario 5000 the program Microsoft Works. I
deleted things and the program don't work anymore and other programs I
have needs this one to work Microsoft Picture it). Can't even
unistall it. I have to restore my computer with the recovery cd to be
able to reinstall Microsoft Works.
I even tried to install newer verison of Works and my computer says to
uninstall the previous one first.

Anybody knows what to do? Or ever where can I retreive my deleted
program from recycle bin.

I really dont want to restore my computer!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If the deleted programs are in the Recycle Bin, it's easy to open up and
restore them.

Are you running Windows ME? If so, there is a chance you can do a System
Restore (if it hasn't been too long ago) and restore the computer to an
earlier time before you deleted the files.

Old February 27th 04, 05:11 PM
DARTORREY

In article , "Maureen Aubertin"
writes:

I have in my Compaq Presario 5000 the program Microsoft Works. I deleted
things and the program don't work anymore and other programs I have needs
this one to work Microsoft Picture it). Can't even unistall it. I have to
restore my computer with the recovery cd to be able to reinstall Microsoft
Works.
I even tried to install newer verison of Works and my computer says to
uninstall the previous one first.

Anybody knows what to do? Or ever where can I retreive my deleted program
from recycle bin.

I really dont want to restore my computer!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks
Maureen

Search your recovery CD for a folder called icons. There will be an icon there
for Works and a 6 or 7 digit (can't remember) number under the icon. Then
search the CD for a folder named that number. When you find it look for a file
named Setup.exe which will re-install Works. If I remember correctly you
shouldn't lose any works documents you have created but it wouldn't hurt to
back them up just in case.

Darrin