ASUS A7N8X-E Deluxe,You can’t increase the voltage on the chipset North Bridge ?

Old June 17th 04, 08:54 PM
Paul Mathews

Default ASUS A7N8X-E Deluxe,You can’t increase the voltage on the chipset North Bridge ?

ASUS A7N8X-E Deluxe,You can’t increase the voltage on the chipset
North Bridge ?

Has this be changed in the bios updates ?, just saw a review and this
states the best overclock you could get was 225 ?

Must be a simple thing to do to add right ?

Thanks.

Old June 17th 04, 08:55 PM
Paul Mathews

Is this a common option in bios's ?

Old June 17th 04, 10:43 PM
rstlne

"Paul Mathews" wrote in message

Is this a common option in bios's ?

Cant say I have ever seen an option to do that.

Old June 18th 04, 12:57 AM
Ben Pope

Paul Mathews wrote:
ASUS A7N8X-E Deluxe,You can't increase the voltage on the chipset
North Bridge ?

Has this be changed in the bios updates ?, just saw a review and this
states the best overclock you could get was 225 ?

Must be a simple thing to do to add right ?

The Uber 1007 BIOS I have does have that option (I think), but it doesn't
work. It needs to be wired into the motherboard and Asus didn't do that.

Ben

Old June 18th 04, 04:51 AM
Paul Mathews

You sure were did you here that from ?

Old June 18th 04, 05:15 AM
Minotaur

wrote:

Paul Mathews wrote:

ASUS A7N8X-E Deluxe,You can't increase the voltage on the chipset
North Bridge ?

Has this be changed in the bios updates ?, just saw a review and this
states the best overclock you could get was 225 ?

Must be a simple thing to do to add right ?

The Uber 1007 BIOS I have does have that option (I think), but it doesn't
work. It needs to be wired into the motherboard and Asus didn't do that.

Ben

Pretty sure that is true, did read the same in the release notes for
UBER 1007. Option is there, but dosn't work till you have hard wired the
mod. From all my overclocking here, it seems it is that way (A7N8X-D
1.04 and now a V2.00 M/B) as it hasn't helped at all just changing the
BIOS setings for it.

Minotaur (8*
Old June 18th 04, 07:55 PM
Ben Pope

Paul Mathews wrote:
You sure were did you here that from ?

What? Whether the feature is there or whether it works?

The feature to up the voltage on one of the chipset chips (don't recall
North/South) IS there.

I think I heard that it doesn't work from various posts on nForcersHQ.
Never really tested it myself.

Ben

Old June 19th 04, 06:16 PM
Paul

In article , "Ben Pope"
wrote:

Paul Mathews wrote:
You sure were did you here that from ?

What? Whether the feature is there or whether it works?

The feature to up the voltage on one of the chipset chips (don't recall
North/South) IS there.

I think I heard that it doesn't work from various posts on nForcersHQ.
Never really tested it myself.

Ben

If you are referring to this mod:

http://www.nforcershq.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9237

the CM3708 has no programmable options. You could tie a GPIO
pin from one of the motherboard chips, to a resistor divider
network on the Vref pin, which could be used to give you two
programmable voltage values. So, it can be made adjustable,
but from the mobo manufacturers point of view, if the
Vreg had been designed properly in the first place, there
wouldn't be any need to mod it or overvolt it. The problem
was, the circuit undervolts unintentionally, and this
should have been fixed on later boards.

The datasheet for the CM3708 is he
http://www.champion-micro.com/datash...ice/CM3708.pdf

On page 6 of the datasheet, L1-C1-C2 is the filter network on the
output side of the regulator (being chinese, they drew the schematic
backwards :-). On the A7N8X-E, these components are likely to be
the coil and cap near the right hand end of the AGP slot. Maybe
someone who owns both older and newer versions of the board, could
measure the voltage at the output filter, and prove this has been
fixed.

Paul

Asus 9800XT voltage query - urgent help needed!! John Peel Homebuilt PC's 7 February 14th 04 10:40 AM
Asus a7n8x and Matrox G400 VP General 1 January 31st 04 04:11 AM
Matrox G400 problems with Asus A7N8X VP Asus Motherboards 2 January 30th 04 02:27 AM
ASUS A7N8X and Power supply selection Steve Wolfe Asus Motherboards 2 July 20th 03 11:33 PM
Help with Asus A7N8X Deluxe & Corsair XMS pc3200 C2 -S- Asus Motherboards 3 July 9th 03 06:32 AM