What driver is it seeking?

Old April 19th 07, 01:50 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
***** charles

Default What driver is it seeking?

Hi all,

I have a Latitude D610 and I have reloaded all the drivers
I could find. I even loaded the Conexant driver for the modem
which went fine. Problem is, it is still showing in Control
Panel that there is a PCI Simple Communication Controller
in Other devices like it needs a driver to be identified correctly.
The modem works, the wifi works so what is it looking for?

thanks,
charles....

Old April 19th 07, 02:00 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
RnR

Until you get a better answer the first thing I'd do is delete it
there and then do a reboot and see if it comes back missing. If it
does, see if you can go into Dell's web site and using your express
code / tag, find your original drivers. If not, then while you wait
for an answer here, do a google search on your make/model and PCI
Simple Communication Controller device and see what you find. At that
point, you might be able to figure it out.

Old April 19th 07, 02:14 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
***** charles

The Google search gave a clue that I need a chipset driver
install. Will try

thanks,
charles.....

Old April 19th 07, 03:25 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Ben Myers

Once again, copied from one of Stew's posts and edited a bit:

1) Intel mobile chipset drivers FIRST

2) Video adapter driver - Intel integrated video, ATI adapter or maybe nVidia.
3) Chipset drivers for the O2 smartcard

4) Network driver - Broadcom 570x or Intel

5) Communication driver - Conexant D480 MDC V.92 driver or similar

6) Audio driver - Sigmatel STAC 9750 AC97 driver.

7) Wireless network driver - again, either Broadcom or Intel

^^^This isn't a perfect formula but is a decent and general start. You may
have to add some other downloads once these are completed. ^^^^

If the chipset drivers are not installed absolutely FIRST after Windows itself,
you will spin your wheels endlessly trying to get the hardware drivers right. Go
to the Dell web site, put in your system's service tag, print the list of
hardware installed, then download the drivers.

.... Ben Myers

Old April 20th 07, 04:11 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
***** charles

Default What driver is it seeking? The answer

Turns out it was looking for the chipset TI driver.

later....

wrote:

Hi all,

I have a Latitude D610 and I have reloaded all the drivers
I could find. I even loaded the Conexant driver for the modem
which went fine. Problem is, it is still showing in Control
Panel that there is a PCI Simple Communication Controller
in Other devices like it needs a driver to be identified correctly.
The modem works, the wifi works so what is it looking for?

thanks,
charles....

Seeking Recommendations Atreju Homebuilt PC's 17 December 13th 06 08:04 AM
Seeking advise... ZR Abit Motherboards 6 September 4th 06 01:58 AM
Seeking AMD Thoroughbred B Jon D Overclocking AMD Processors 4 July 22nd 05 06:37 PM
Seeking AMD Thoroughbred B Jon D UK Computer Vendors 4 July 22nd 05 06:37 PM
Seeking Driver Gordon Nelson Dell Computers 3 June 2nd 05 03:06 PM