Acer Aspire E380 (Canada) Acer WLAN 11g USB Dongle

Old September 24th 07, 03:34 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
Barb

Default Acer Aspire E380 (Canada) Acer WLAN 11g USB Dongle

Can anyone explain what this is? (Preferably in easy-to-understand
words, please

Old September 24th 07, 05:43 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
A Nother

"Barb" wrote in message
.. .
Can anyone explain what this is? (Preferably in easy-to-understand words,
please

Like
http://mirs.en.alibaba.com/product/2...i_Adapter.html

???

Old September 24th 07, 04:02 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
Barb

No, I think it's some kind of software that came installed on my Acer.
I've looked up the term "dongle" and I've also heard it before, but it
is as clear as mud to me.
What I'm wanting to do is connect to my small home network wirelessly
and I thought this "dongle" was some sort of built-in wireless adaptor,
but I'm thinking now it's not---so I want to know what exactly it IS.
Thanks for your reply

Old September 24th 07, 09:14 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
A Nother

"Barb" wrote in message
.. .
No, I think it's some kind of software that came installed on my Acer.
I've looked up the term "dongle" and I've also heard it before, but it is
as clear as mud to me.
What I'm wanting to do is connect to my small home network wirelessly and
I thought this "dongle" was some sort of built-in wireless adaptor, but
I'm thinking now it's not---so I want to know what exactly it IS.
Thanks for your reply

No, a dongle is a gadget that plugs into a computer but sticks out
externally. You can get WiFi dongles and Bluetooth dongles and security
dongles. If your laptop doesn't have built in WiFi a dongle can make it
happen.