Battery Life

Old March 13th 07, 01:13 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
David Vincent-Jones

Default Battery Life

I have a TM 8100 that is now 2 years old.

It is mainly used with the battery in place but as a desktop unit.

Anybody have any idea how long the battery will stay in good condition. My
experience with Dell previously was that I had to expect battery failure at
about 2 years.

Is there a test for battery condition?

Old March 15th 07, 09:22 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
Ernest Fowler

David,

All you need to do is run the laptop on battery power until it shuts down.
It should hold up for about two hours. Acer ePower Manager settings for
your battery are probably still at their default so your laptop should quit
at about 20% power remaining. Note the start and end times and you will
have a fair idea of how good the battery is.

Hope this helps.

Ernest Fowler
Kansas City, Kansas, USA

E1405 battery life? RnR Dell Computers 4 November 10th 06 08:00 PM
Battery life Sparky Spartacus Dell Computers 0 April 9th 05 06:02 PM
Battery life Jofre Dell Computers 0 May 7th 04 02:46 PM
Battery life in standby Steve Dell Computers 5 November 2nd 03 06:30 AM
average battery life Cyndi Dell Computers 2 October 21st 03 03:04 AM