Acer Aspire 3003lc (3000/5000 series) CPU Upgrade

Old September 16th 06, 12:08 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
[email protected]

Default Acer Aspire 3003lc (3000/5000 series) CPU Upgrade

Hi there, I have an Acer Aspire 3003lc laptop and I am in the process
of upgrading it.

I have already fitted extra ram (512mb), a mini-PCI wireless card +
antennae and soon a new hard disk.

But what I really want to upgrade is the CPU.

I'm pretty sure that I want an AMD Turion processor as these seem to be
AMD's best mobile processor currently, and I think i'll need a speed of
anywhere between 1.6-2.0ghz.

I have read that there are two types the ML-XX and the MT-XX (XX being
product number), the MT being the more power efficient, and as I play
games on this laptop, I want a large L2 cache (at least 512kb).

So basically, I would like to know which is the best AMD Turion CPU to
buy both for performance and value for money.

Any responses appreciated...

djfost