Please advise

Old December 6th 05, 07:02 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd,alt.comp.hardware.overclocking,alt.os.windows-xp

Default Please advise

Hi all,

Sorry not sure if right for this forum but assume you guys will have the
technical kmnowledge.

If I install a pc game on a USB external hard drive will I be able to take
the hard drive away and use it on other machines and play the game?

I've pondered this and am not sure - the other pc/laptop will be same os.

TIA

Old December 6th 05, 08:13 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd,alt.comp.hardware.overclocking,alt.os.windows-xp

In article , Unwanted
Gift says...
Hi all,

Sorry not sure if right for this forum but assume you guys will have the
technical kmnowledge.

If I install a pc game on a USB external hard drive will I be able to take
the hard drive away and use it on other machines and play the game?

Nowadays less and less likely. Depends entirely on the game. Many write
to the User Profile and the Registry.

--
Conor

"You're not married, you haven't got a girlfriend and you've never seen
Star Trek? Good Lord!" - Patrick Stewart, Extras.

Old December 7th 05, 08:16 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd,alt.comp.hardware.overclocking,alt.os.windows-xp

You would have to plug the hard drive into the other system, then install
the game, pointing the installation to where you have the game installed on
the usb drive.

Old December 7th 05, 10:01 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd,alt.comp.hardware.overclocking,alt.os.windows-xp

In ,
Carl the stupid moronic freak from an alien planet
where his/her mother was a universal whore, wrote:
You would have to plug the hard drive into the other system, then
install the game, pointing the installation to where you have the
game installed on the usb drive.

so what most people ae saying is ,,,,,

TAKE THE GAME WITH YOU TO THE OTHER PC FORGET THE USB HARD DRIVE IDEA

why not just install it on the other pc?

regards slayer

Old December 9th 05, 12:42 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd,alt.comp.hardware.overclocking,alt.os.windows-xp

Then there's the problem with save games etc