Replacing a GTX 285 - with what and should I wait for what? (cliche I know)

Old October 18th 11, 02:35 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
srt

Default Replacing a GTX 285 - with what and should I wait for what? (cliche I know)

Hi,
As the header really. I am running an Asus GTX285 with an i7 950 @3.07GHz.
I am wanting to use DX11
Any ideas what is my best move - -wait for GTX 580 price drop and how long
would that likely be or go for something like GTX 560 ti?
puzzled as usual but value any ideas
Thanks.
Stuart.

Old October 24th 11, 02:37 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
King Beowulf[_2_]

On Tue, 18 Oct 2011 14:35:19 +0100, SRT wrote:

Hi,
As the header really. I am running an Asus GTX285 with an i7 950
@3.07GHz. I am wanting to use DX11
Any ideas what is my best move - -wait for GTX 580 price drop and how
long would that likely be or go for something like GTX 560 ti? puzzled
as usual but value any ideas Thanks.
Stuart.

Well, it all depends on what you want to do. Graphics/video rendering?
Games? The 550-560 cards provide a goo bang per buck, esp. with an i7 950
and lots of system RAM.

--
Linux Counter #230211
Old October 24th 11, 11:00 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
srt

"King Beowulf" wrote in message ...

On Tue, 18 Oct 2011 14:35:19 +0100, SRT wrote:

Hi,
As the header really. I am running an Asus GTX285 with an i7 950
@3.07GHz. I am wanting to use DX11
Any ideas what is my best move - -wait for GTX 580 price drop and how
long would that likely be or go for something like GTX 560 ti? puzzled
as usual but value any ideas Thanks.
Stuart.

Well, it all depends on what you want to do. Graphics/video rendering?
Games? The 550-560 cards provide a goo bang per buck, esp. with an i7 950
and lots of system RAM.

--
Linux Counter #230211

Hi,
Thanks for the reply
Its really for game set up - - I presently have 6gb memory. I have been
running the 285 since November 2010 and see its limited regarding DX11
I am not really desperate for the ultimate (nice I know) as I am trying to
be realistic with cost
Thanks.