!!! 4 Tips to speed up your windows xp !!!

Old July 6th 05, 02:23 PM
Skybuck Flying

Default !!! 4 Tips to speed up your windows xp !!!

"Skybuck Flying" wrote in message news:...
"milleron" wrote in message
On Mon, 4 Jul 2005 17:21:52 +0200, "Skybuck Flying"
wrote:

snip

3. Auto backup/restore points are totaly ****ing useless and waste

harddisk
space and processing power etc... A better solution is to use a special
backup utility like norton ghost etc... for full system backup and easy
restore... and/or a simply backup your data with winzip etc.

OK, try installing Ghost 9 on an SP2 computer and let me know what
happens. I get a BSOD with every boot and have to rename the Ghost
driver (pqv2i.sys) every time before I can get into XP. Symantec
acknowledges the problem, and gave me some lame-ass workaround
involving opting out of SP2's new Data Execution Policy. I did that,
but Ghost 9 still give me BSODs.

Ghost consists out of a few parts:

1. The installation software.
2. The ghost backup/restore utility.
3. The ghost explorer.

The bad thing about ghost is that it has a windows installer which is
ofcourse bull****.

The good thing about ghost is that the actual backup/restore program is a
dos program and can be copied onto a ms-dos bootdisk or bootcd.

That's the most important part since it allows to make a full system

backup
indepedant of windows. Quick backup, Quick restore all from a simply

ms-dos
bootdisk/program to/from cd's or tapestreamers.

(compared to stupid windows which first needs a stupid windows

installation
to be able to do something with the windows backup's lol if they are not
destroyed allready since they are mostly backed up on the harddisk itself
which is ofcourse useless in case of a harddisk crash !).

Your problem is probably with the ghost explorer... which is unfortunate
since ghost explorer allows you to explore your backup... but it's not
needed to restore it.

That's why I adviced to make a special data backup in case ghost (or any
other backup software) fails.

Bye,
Skybuck.

This story above applied to ghost 2001/2002

Maybe ghost 9 works differently now

Bye,
Skybuck.