Mushkin PC3200 1Gb Dual Packs from Fry's

Old September 23rd 03, 01:34 AM
DW

Default Mushkin PC3200 1Gb Dual Packs from Fry's

I have a question about some Mushkin Enhanced 1Gb (2x512) PC3200 Cas2 Dual Channel DDR
memory that Fry's is currently selling for $259.99 less a $50 mail-in rebate ...... The dual
pack modules have large "dual Mushkin" logo labels on the blue heat spreaders but they also
have Fry's part number 3602905 on that same label. The PCBs are dark green/bluish and have
Mushkin Enhanced printed on them. There are 8 chips on each side of each module (16 total
per module). I can not tell the manufacturer of the chips due to the heat spreader. There is
no Level I or Level II descriptor on the module labels. The Fry's outside packaging label
says:

DDR 1GB PC3200 Dual Pack
2x512MB 400MHa CAS 2
Dual Channel Mem LT/W
3602905

I can not find anything like these on Mushkin's web site and they are closed this evening
(I'll try calling them in the morning).

The Mushkin website only lists two types of dual channel PC3200 1Gb dual packs .... Level 1
@ $290 and Level II at $360, both with jet black PCBs.

Has anyone else figured out what these Fry's Mushkin dual packs really are???

I'd like to use one of these 1Gb dual pack for a stock P4-2.4C 865PE setup with no
overclocking, but I'm curious .... Is Mushkin starting to do Fry's/Mushkin special labeling
or something??? Thanks, DW

Old September 23rd 03, 03:21 AM
John Smith

Thanks ... from your link below it shows the Mushkin Blue sold only as singles and it looks
like they have it listed as Cas2.5 rather than Cas2(unless I'm reading the Mushkin specs
wrong).

Is Mushkin and Fry's teaming up to match together tested pairs of this value based Blue ....
picking the ones that can do Cas2 and match them properly for sale as specially packaged
dual packs sold only through Fry's?

Anyway, the price is right for my application of a stock P4-2.4C @ 200 (4x200=800) on a
865PE board set for 2.5v.

"S.Heenan" wrote in message
.ca...
DW wrote:
I have a question about some Mushkin Enhanced 1Gb (2x512) PC3200 Cas2
Dual Channel DDR memory that Fry's is currently selling for $259.99
less a $50 mail-in rebate ...... The dual pack modules have large
"dual Mushkin" logo labels on the blue heat spreaders snipped

It's Mushkin Blue, a less expensive alternative to Mushkin Black, but still
really good RAM.

http://tinyurl.com/oauq
--
Winerr 012 - Cash Underflow - Credit Card Number Will Be Assimilated

Old September 24th 03, 04:37 AM
Pham

I may not be adding to the discussion, but good luck buying at Fry's. In my
experience, getting 2 identical sticks of ram at Fry's is a crap-shot at
best; that's unless the twin sticks are packaged together. At the Burbank,
Woodland Hills and Industry Fry's, I was hard pressed to find a clerk
capable of getting 2 identical sticks of ram from the same bin.

Old September 24th 03, 10:37 AM
David Maynard

Pham wrote:
I may not be adding to the discussion, but good luck buying at Fry's. In my
experience, getting 2 identical sticks of ram at Fry's is a crap-shot at
best; that's unless the twin sticks are packaged together. At the Burbank,
Woodland Hills and Industry Fry's, I was hard pressed to find a clerk
capable of getting 2 identical sticks of ram from the same bin.

Yeah. That's a growing problem as society gets technologically more and more
complex. Someone should write a Sci-Fi comedy story based on that: Starship
orders replacement warp plasma injectors but the wrong ones are shipped; which
cost 1500 credits, after a 500 credit subspace radio rebate that takes 180
standard terran days to clear, etc., etc.

I wonder what the warrantee on a warp plasma injector is: 3 years or 3,000,000
parsecs, whichever comes first? Valid through any ACME approved Starbase service
center in this quadrant (proof of purchase subspace transcription record and
ship's navigation log required). Warrantee covers replacement only of the
defective injector, excluding normal wear and tear, abuse, servicing by
unqualified personnel, and alien attack. Installation labor not included. Not
responsible for incidental damages including, but not limited to, plasma leaks,
warp nacelle explosion, engine failure, and catastrophic destruction from warp
core overloads. Operation outside manufacturer's specifications, including so
called 'emergency warp' and engineering modifications of any kind, shall render
this warrantee null and void.