share your opinion and experience with mid-tier SAN devices

Old September 8th 03, 01:29 AM
Greg Guenther

Default share your opinion and experience with mid-tier SAN devices

I gotta say, you must be one of the 8 people that have had a good
experience with EMC. I've yet to meet face to face an EMC customer
who isn't tired of them and wish they cold toss them out completely.

We started out with EMC/Clariion Hardware at our shop and have been
extremely happy
with the local support team.

I actually had an EMC rep say in a room full of storage people:
'We offer raid 5 in our arrays now because we realize we can't keep
charging customers for twice the storage.'

They have always offered RAID 5 with the clariion. The SYMM RAID/S
implementation had issues,but the Parity RAID scheme for the DMX looks good.

Old September 9th 03, 08:19 PM
jOwLeY

Just to add to this.. I have now been using EMC onsite for many years, and
my experience with them has been extremely good. Support is second to none,
and response for loan kit when initalising projects has been excellent!

What issues do you speak to?

I find that as long as you manage them in the "correct" way, EMC are
invaluable - the hardware is so reliable, and the account team are always
extremely helpful.

Regards,

Stuart.

nk.net...