problem with power-on led

Old June 27th 03, 11:45 PM
name

Default problem with power-on led

"Quaoar" wrote in message . net...
name wrote:
"Quaoar" wrote in message
news:Tc%Ha.1030582$Zo.236065@sccrnsc03...
name wrote:
Hello.
On a compaq deskpro p800 running windows 2000, I encountered the
following
problem. Usually, when I shut down windows, after a few seconds the
computer turns itself off completely (without pressing the power
button). Lately however,
it seems to turn itself off when shutting down windows, but the
power-on led
remains on. Does anyone know what might be causing this or how to
resolve this
problem?

Thanks in advance for any feedback on this issue, regards,
Niek

This behavior is consistent with the unit in standby, perhaps
hybernate,
mode. Have you made any changes to the power managment settings?

Not that I know of, but perhaps someone has been fiddling with the
bios or something. Or can settings in the windows 2000 configuration
also cause it to switch to hybernating mode when windows is shut down?

Well, you would know if it were hybernating because the OS "usually"
reports coming out of hybernation as it restores the operating state.
Standby is so fast when restored there can be no confusion about it not
booting. I would check the power management settings anyway.

Somehow the problem doesn't seem related to the bios settings.
I've got a second deskpro computer with exactly the same bios settings
and yet
this computer doesn't have the problem with the power-on led remaining
on after the computer is shut down.
Also, the only way to turn on the computer with the power-on led
problem is to depress the powerbutton for 15 seconds so it really
turns off and then turning it on again, so it doesn't seem to be
hybernating or in stand-by mode.

Power problem? jeremyal Homebuilt PC's 6 January 25th 05 01:28 PM
help, please, with Compaq Presario power supply problem Jacques Clouseau General 6 June 9th 04 06:44 PM
Won't Power Up after Power Outage Greg Lovern Homebuilt PC's 7 February 8th 04 02:47 PM
KG7-RAID Problem computer shuts down few second after power up. Please Help! B Asus Motherboards 0 January 18th 04 03:48 PM
Happy Birthday America SST Overclocking AMD Processors 326 November 27th 03 08:54 PM