HP LaserJet 3000DN - jobs jamming in print que

Old June 21st 09, 11:32 AM posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,comp.periphs.printers,alt.comp.periphs.printers,24hoursupport.helpdesk
Al[_4_]

Default HP LaserJet 3000DN - jobs jamming in print que

Gidday Folks,

Our little workgroup has a laserjet 3000DN connected to the router via
ethernet. Jobs sent to the printer from any of the computers seem to
be jamming the print que. You can try deleting the job but it doesnt
go away until you reboot - this happens on all the computers.

I have tried restarting the spooler and that didnt help.

I have now changed the printer settings to send directly to the
printer rather than spooling, but I would love to know why the jobs
were jamming when spooling?

All PC's are running windows XP and I am using the latest PCL6 driver
from HP. Someone suggested the PCL5 or PS driver.

It happens in various different applications and various different
file sizes.

Help....

Cheers

-Al
Old June 21st 09, 02:45 PM posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,comp.periphs.printers,alt.comp.periphs.printers,24hoursupport.helpdesk
David H. Lipman

From: "Al"

| Gidday Folks,

| Our little workgroup has a laserjet 3000DN connected to the router via
| ethernet. Jobs sent to the printer from any of the computers seem to
| be jamming the print que. You can try deleting the job but it doesnt
| go away until you reboot - this happens on all the computers.

| I have tried restarting the spooler and that didnt help.

| I have now changed the printer settings to send directly to the
| printer rather than spooling, but I would love to know why the jobs
| were jamming when spooling?

| All PC's are running windows XP and I am using the latest PCL6 driver
| from HP. Someone suggested the PCL5 or PS driver.

| It happens in various different applications and various different
| file sizes.

| Help....

| Cheers

| -Al

Look at the embedded HP JetDirect as a possible issue.

If the HP JetDirect (the DN in the model name means Duplex option and Networking option)
has a problem serving up TCP/IP via TCP port 9100 then you will have continous print "log
jams" in the queue.

NOTE: Changing the printer language is a red herring.

--
Dave

Old June 21st 09, 09:38 PM posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,comp.periphs.printers,alt.comp.periphs.printers,24hoursupport.helpdesk
Al[_4_]

On Jun 22, 1:45*am, "David H. Lipman"
From: "Al"

| Gidday Folks,

| Our little workgroup has a laserjet 3000DN connected to the router via
| ethernet. Jobs sent to the printer from any of the computers seem to
| be jamming the print que. You can try deleting the job but it doesnt
| go away until you reboot - this happens on all the computers.

| I have tried restarting the spooler and that didnt help.

| I have now changed the printer settings to send directly to the
| printer rather than spooling, but I would love to know why the jobs
| were jamming when spooling?

| All PC's are running windows XP and I am using the latest PCL6 driver
| from HP. Someone suggested the PCL5 or PS driver.

| It happens in various different applications and various different
| file sizes.

| Help....

| Cheers

| -Al

Look at the embedded HP JetDirect as a possible issue.

If the HP JetDirect (the DN in the model name means Duplex option and Networking option)
has a problem serving up TCP/IP via TCP port 9100 then you will have continous print "log
jams" in the queue.

NOTE: *Changing the printer language is a red herring.

--
Davehttp://www.claymania.com/removal-trojan-adware.html
Multi-AV -http://www.pctipp.ch/downloads/dl/35905.asp

Googling Jet Direct now, but can you enlighten me on what steps I
might take to see if this is the problem?

Sounds like a good suspect....

-Al
Old June 21st 09, 10:58 PM posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,comp.periphs.printers,alt.comp.periphs.printers,24hoursupport.helpdesk
David H. Lipman

From: "Al"

Look at the embedded HP JetDirect as a possible issue.

If the HP JetDirect (the DN in the model name means Duplex option and Networking
option)
has a problem serving up TCP/IP via TCP port 9100 then you will have continous print
"log
jams" in the queue.

NOTE: Changing the printer language is a red herring.

--
Davehttp://www.claymania.com/removal-trojan-adware.html
Multi-AV -http://www.pctipp.ch/downloads/dl/35905.asp

| Googling Jet Direct now, but can you enlighten me on what steps I
| might take to see if this is the problem?

| Sounds like a good suspect....

| -Al

What do you mean you are "Googling Jet Direct now" ?

It is the embedded TCP/IP Print Server and is represented by the "N" in the part number
3000DN as I decscribed.

User prints to Print Queue on system. System points to IP address of HP JetDirect and
prints RAW via TCP port 9100.

If there is a problem on the JetDirect the Print Queue on system failes to communicate to
JetDirect and Queue backs up like a "log jam".

Write down the IP stack of the JetDirect. Insert another JetDirect and set it to the same
IP information and see how long that Queue now prints without a back or "log jam" being
created.

--
Dave

Old June 22nd 09, 11:54 AM posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,comp.periphs.printers,alt.comp.periphs.printers,24hoursupport.helpdesk
Al[_4_]

On Jun 22, 9:58*am, "David H. Lipman"
From: "Al"

Look at the embeddedHPJetDirect as a possible issue.
If theHPJetDirect (the DN in the model name means Duplex option and Networking
option)
has a problem serving up TCP/IP via TCP port 9100 then you will have continous print
"log
jams" in the queue.
NOTE: *Changing the printer language is a red herring.
--
Davehttp://www.claymania.com/removal-trojan-adware.html
Multi-AV -http://www.pctipp.ch/downloads/dl/35905.asp

| Googling Jet Direct now, but can you enlighten me on what steps I
| might take to see if this is the problem?

| Sounds like a good suspect....

| -Al

What do you mean you are "Googling Jet Direct now" ?

I mean I know absolutely nothing about it, and in order to get more
information on the problem I am doing some reasearch on what it is,
details of how it works etc etc etc.

FWIW a PCL5 driver seems to be working so far....

-Al
Old June 22nd 09, 03:55 PM posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,comp.periphs.printers,alt.comp.periphs.printers,24hoursupport.helpdesk
David H. Lipman

From: "Al"

From: "Al"

Look at the embeddedHPJetDirect as a possible issue.
If theHPJetDirect (the DN in the model name means Duplex option and Networking
option)
has a problem serving up TCP/IP via TCP port 9100 then you will have continous

print
"log
jams" in the queue.
NOTE: Changing the printer language is a red herring.
--
Davehttp://www.claymania.com/removal-trojan-adware.html
Multi-AV -http://www.pctipp.ch/downloads/dl/35905.asp

| Googling Jet Direct now, but can you enlighten me on what steps I
| might take to see if this is the problem?

| Sounds like a good suspect....

| -Al

What do you mean you are "Googling Jet Direct now" ?

| I mean I know absolutely nothing about it, and in order to get more
| information on the problem I am doing some reasearch on what it is,
| details of how it works etc etc etc.

| FWIW a PCL5 driver seems to be working so far....

| -Al

PostScript (PS), PCL5 or PCL6 ae just printer languages interpreted by the printer to
create the objects to be laid out on the paper and should have no bearing on the Print
Queue. That is unless you have installed the WRONG printer drivers in the first place and
the HP 3000 can't interpret the laguage. However in that case it should print a single
page, PCL Error.

--
Dave

Old June 23rd 09, 07:06 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers,alt.comp.periphs.printers
Fred McKenzie

In article
,
Al wrote:

I have now changed the printer settings to send directly to the
printer rather than spooling

Al-

If your system is working when each machine prints directly to the
printer, then your problem may be in the spooler setup. Try spooling on
a different machine and see if the problem goes away.

The only disadvantage to printing directly to the printer, is that you
may not be able to see how many jobs are ahead of you. Otherwise it may
be a better way to go. I'm assuming that print jobs are spooled on the
individual computer while it waits its turn. If that isn't true, there
could be delays.

Fred