Canon Pixma ink cartridges?

Old February 2nd 06, 05:58 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers

Default Canon Pixma ink cartridges?

I'm on the verge of deciding to change my Lexmark Z517 printer for a
Canon, since I'm a student and print quite lots of stuff (and the
Lexmark ink is generally fairly expensive and nearly
un-refillable/third party ink non-existent). So, I saw many dirt-cheap
cartridges for Canon printers, but they fit into BJC models, which
don't seem to exist anymore (and have likely been discontinued for a
while). However, I also saw both a Pixma iP2000 and an iP2200 for a
really good price, however I was wondering if the cartridges were as
easily refillable as the old BJC cartridges, or if third-party ink was
available for such a low price. Judging from the pictures I saw, the
cartridges that fit into the iP2200 (which is, I guess, the model
following the iP2000) didn't seem to be the same at all as those who
fit into the iP2000, which are the standard BCI-24 cartridges. Could
anyone tell me if the ink for both of these printers is easily
refillable, and if they're using reservoirs or sponges a-la-Lexmark?
Thanks a lot!

Old February 2nd 06, 06:23 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers

Canon ink is one of the easiest to refill, and also one of the cheapest to
by 3rd party ink for.

I use ProJet Compatibles and they are amazing. The IP2000 ones are only
£0.55 (Inc V.A.T) for a colour ink why refill?
IP4000 / IP5000 are only £0.69p (Inc VAT)

Hope this it of some help.

Mikey

ups.com...

Old February 2nd 06, 06:54 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers

Mikey wrote:

Canon ink is one of the easiest to refill, and also one of the cheapest

TO GET CLOGGED UP. WHO WANT TO MOUSE ARAOUND WITH ALL OF THE CRAP

by 3rd party ink for.

I use ProJet Compatibles and they are amazing.

OH YEAH THEY PROBABLY CLOG UP FASTER

The IP2000 ones are only
£0.55 (Inc V.A.T) for a colour ink why refill?
IP4000 / IP5000 are only £0.69p (Inc VAT)

NOW I UNDERSTAND YOU SPELL COLOR COLOUR SO YOU GOTTA GET IT REAL CHEAP.

Hope this it of some help.

Mikey

oups.com...

Old February 2nd 06, 06:59 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers

Eric wrote:

I'm on the verge of deciding to change my Lexmark Z517 printer for a
Canon, since I'm a student and print quite lots of stuff (and the
Lexmark ink is generally fairly expensive and nearly
un-refillable/third party ink non-existent). So, I saw many dirt-cheap
cartridges for Canon printers,

YOU CERTAINLY WILL FLUNK OUT OF SCHOOL BECAUSE INSTEAD OF STUDYING YOU
WILL SPEND AN ENORMOUS AMOUNT OF TIME UNCLOGGING THE PRINTER UNTIL IT
WILL NOT WORK ANY MORE. PART OF WHAT YOU SAID MAKES SENSE. BUY A CANON
PRINTER BUT ONLY USE OEM INK.

AS A MATTER OF FACT IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO PRINT PHOTOS BUT ONLY DO
SCHOOL WORK A COLOR LASER OR AN HP INKJET MIGHT DO BETTER. EVEN BETTER
(I USUALLY DO NOT PROMOTE THEM) I WOULD LOOK AT A MULTIFUNCTION COLOR
LASER. THIS WILL GIVE YOU A PERSONAL COPY MACHINE ALSO.

but they fit into BJC models, which
don't seem to exist anymore (and have likely been discontinued for a
while). However, I also saw both a

Pixma iP2000 and an iP2200

TOTAL TRASH

for a
really good price, however I was wondering if the cartridges were as
easily refillable as the old BJC cartridges, or if third-party ink was
available for such a low price. Judging from the pictures I saw, the
cartridges that fit into the iP2200 (which is, I guess, the model
following the iP2000) didn't seem to be the same at all as those who
fit into the iP2000, which are the standard BCI-24 cartridges. Could
anyone tell me if the ink for both of these printers is easily
refillable, and if they're using reservoirs or sponges a-la-Lexmark?
Thanks a lot!

DON'T KEEP JERKING YOURSELF OFF. FOLLOW THE ADVICE ABOVE.
Old February 2nd 06, 07:21 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers

Mikey wrote:
Canon ink is one of the easiest to refill, and also one of the cheapest to
by 3rd party ink for.

I use ProJet Compatibles and they are amazing. The IP2000 ones are only
£0.55 (Inc V.A.T) for a colour ink why refill?
IP4000 / IP5000 are only £0.69p (Inc VAT)

Hope this it of some help.

Mikey

"Eric" wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

What Mikey neglected to mention is that the iP2200 would be a chipped
cartridge type which, whilst refillable, wouldn't provide you with ink
level information from the point when you needed to refill it.

There's plenty of information on the net about the new Canon carts if
you check...

So, in a nutshell go with the earlier iP2000 or similar.. rather than
the iPX200 versions.
Old February 2nd 06, 08:25 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers

I stand corrected.

Thanks for pointing that out Martin. Good to know somone is paying attention
;-)

I agree 100% stick with the 000s not the 200s
At least for the time being.

Mikey

"Martin" wrote in message
.uk...
Mikey wrote:
Canon ink is one of the easiest to refill, and also one of the cheapest
to by 3rd party ink for.

I use ProJet Compatibles and they are amazing. The IP2000 ones are only
£0.55 (Inc V.A.T) for a colour ink why refill?
IP4000 / IP5000 are only £0.69p (Inc VAT)

Hope this it of some help.

Mikey

ups.com...

Old February 2nd 06, 08:28 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers

measekite wrote:

Eric wrote:

[...]

who is this idiot measekite. Sounds like he works for a printer
manufacturer.
Old February 2nd 06, 08:38 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers

Measekite is a Retard, I would never have seen his post as I have him on
Killfile, but saw his name in a reply.

He is just a scaremongering troll. Ignore 99.9% of what he says.

If he likes to be ripped of by the printer manufactures, that's his
decision.

My opinion is that I would much prefer to pay 0.59p per cart that £9.95 or
even in some cases 0.79p rather than £23.99
Only 3 refills would pay for a new printer, with a set of OEM in thrown in
into the bargain.

I have an IP4000 and the quality of the carts I use are awsome. Paper
quality is an important factor though.

FWIW

Take care Newfdog

Old February 2nd 06, 08:40 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers

Newfdog wrote:

measekite wrote:

Eric wrote:

[...]

He's a brainless moron who also happens to be a grade school drop out
idiot. He know absolutely nothing about ink, printers or paper. So pay
no attention to him. In fact kill filing him is the very best option.
Frank