FO: Windows 2000 PRO COA for Compaq

Old September 23rd 05, 01:47 PM
DCA

Default FO: Windows 2000 PRO COA for Compaq

If this is wanted by anyone, please email me removing spamtrap

It is from an HP Compaq P4M laptop, and is marked COMPAQ

Best ofer secures

Thanks
David

Old September 23rd 05, 07:12 PM
DCA

"HH" wrote in message
Illegal.
HH

"DCA" wrote in message
If this is wanted by anyone, please email me removing spamtrap

It is from an HP Compaq P4M laptop, and is marked COMPAQ

Best ofer secures

Thanks
David

Yawnnnnnnn
That old argument.
IT IS STILL DEBATEABLE as Win 2000 pro was SOLD - not leased and EU law
differs from the US interpretation

Old September 24th 05, 12:13 AM
HH

I'm afraid you are very mistaken. It was LICENSED for one machine NOT sold.
The COA might not even work on another machine.
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWNNNNN.
HH

"DCA" wrote in message
"HH" wrote in message
Illegal.
HH

Old September 24th 05, 05:58 AM
DCA

"HH" wrote in message
I'm afraid you are very mistaken. It was LICENSED for one machine NOT
sold. The COA might not even work on another machine.
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWNNNNN.
HH

1. Top posting is against charters
2. Have you read European interpretation of enforceable law on this?
3. You are very tiresome - you can't even be original in your expression.
blocked

Old September 24th 05, 10:13 PM
Tom Scales

Bull****.

Show me where the 'charter' says top posting is wrong. You pompous ass
people bore me.

Also, please post the EULA for the copy of W2K

Old September 25th 05, 03:32 AM
HH

Tom,
This is the same guy who suggested a user install "the Windows software that
allows entering the BIOS." We're not talking about the sharpest pencil in
the box here.
HH

m...

Old September 25th 05, 10:21 AM
Nicholas D Richards

In article , HH
writes
Tom,
This is the same guy who suggested a user install "the Windows software that
allows entering the BIOS." We're not talking about the sharpest pencil in
the box here.
HH

om...

"DCA" wrote in message

"HH" wrote in message
I'm afraid you are very mistaken. It was LICENSED for one machine NOT
sold. The COA might not even work on another machine.
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWNNNNN.
HH

1. Top posting is against charters
2. Have you read European interpretation of enforceable law on this?
3. You are very tiresome - you can't even be original in your expression.
blocked

I do not know about the sharpest pencil in the box, but.....

Top Posting is very annoying, and what ever you say, it is against
Usenet custom, makes a thread very difficult to follow and just plain
bad manners.

A thread where everyone has top posted is difficult to read because it
is out of chronological sequence; I have to read your reply before I can
read what the hell you are writing about. Or are your comments much
more important than your those to which you are responding?

A thread where most people have followed custom and bottom posted and
just a few know-alls have top posted, is impossible to follow. It is
like the American style of writing dates or the thread above, impossible
to follow.

I make no comment about the legality and enforceability of Licences that
restrict the running of software to only one machine. I am not
qualified, and as far as I know it is not totally determined, yet.

However, American law does not take precedence over EU and national law
in EU countries. A Licence written in America may say one thing and has
a given meaning in America, if it is sold in the UK, for instance, it
may have a different meaning in the UK and some provisions may not be
enforceable. In fact I, as the Licensee may have the right to force the
Licenser, in law, to do something different (Unfair provisions). This
is why Microsoft are in negotiation with the EU about their licences.
The consequences of those negotiations may not be entirely in favour of
Microsoft or the consumer.
--
Nicholas David Richards -

"Oł sont les neiges d'antan?"
Old September 25th 05, 08:26 PM
DCA

"Nicholas D Richards" wrote in message
In article , HH
writes
Tom,
This is the same guy who suggested a user install "the Windows software
that
allows entering the BIOS." We're not talking about the sharpest pencil in
the box here.
HH

. com...

"DCA" wrote in message

"HH" wrote in message
[...]

What a well written and full response. Whilst I'm sure it was not for my
benefit, I appreciate the support and time taken.
I have read very similar on regular occasions and if 'Tom' the self
proclaimed knowitall had bothered any sort of research he would have reached
the same conclusion.
I did not have the patience to post such as response in the circumstances as
I was being abused!
Now that your post has revealed that imbecile HH's response I am justfurther
exasperated having read his response to my post on the BIOS.
Seeing as Compaq produce a windows BIOS interface that actually prevents F10
BIOS access upon boot-up I thought it may be useful (it works on my EVO
N800W anyway) - but there you go; I guess he knows better than this
practitioner - I must be a 'blunt' pencil.
I guess I must be a guy too (presumption)

Old September 25th 05, 08:58 PM
Tom Scales

"DCA" wrote in message

"HH" wrote in message
[...]

So in other words, you're not posting the EULA for fear you will be proven
wrong and you're diverting attention to a non-issue that was established as
a recommendation and nothing more in the early days of the internet prior to
broadband.

I still maintain you're a pompous ass