CAT 10.2 is out. - Can anybody tell me if the AVIVO Converter package will work with the HD5800 series of video boards?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old February 17th 10, 11:56 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
William

Default CAT 10.2 is out. - Can anybody tell me if the AVIVO Converter package will work with the HD5800 series of video boards?

Cat 10.2 is out, lots of improvements for everyone. If you have a HD5000
series board, lots of improvements for CrossFireX. HardOCP has a good
article up on the 10.2 and 10.3 updates if you are interested. See at:
http://www.hardocp.com/news/2010/02/...2_103_preview/

OK - I am installing a new video board this weekend, out with the old HD
4870 and in with the new HD 5850. I just downloaded the new Cat 10.2 driver
for the install. What I want to know is if there is any point in
downloading and installing the AVIVO 10.2 driver package. The disclaimer on
ATI's web site states it only works on HD 2000, 3000, and 4000 series
boards. Why is this so? What do I do not know? Is it included some how in
the HD5000 series package?

I am running AVIVO on my old HD4870, and can see the difference on the
monitors. I would like to have these features on the new HD5850 board. The
transcoder would be nice too, even though that feature is not available on
the HD 4870 for some reason not known to me.

William

AVIVO Video Converter Still Sucks? First of One[_2_] Ati Videocards 2 June 11th 09 05:37 PM
Avivo Video? Fidelis K Ati Videocards 14 December 7th 06 08:23 PM
Avivo video converter in Basic Mode only? Gonzo Ati Videocards 5 September 22nd 06 09:41 PM
ATI Avivo Video Converter 1.12 (.exe file 1.0.0.1) Ken Maltby Ati Videocards 1 July 9th 06 12:02 AM
Cat 6.3 and Avivo Converter available T Shadow Ati Videocards 0 March 8th 06 08:47 PM