GA-8PE667 Ultra Onboard NIC (Intel® PRO/100 VE) problem

Old March 8th 06, 07:37 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte

Default GA-8PE667 Ultra Onboard NIC (Intel® PRO/100 VE) problem

Hi group,

okay, here is my (strange) problem. I have to look for a computer with
an Gigabyte GA-8PE667 Ultra (Socket 478) board which is used for about
3 and a half year. It is/was running fine (but the problems, which
win... brings with it :-) ). The used system is Win XP Pro SP2.
Okay, then there happened this: The user from this computer told me,
that he is not able to connect to our local network printers nor the
intra or internet. Strange.
I went to him, and checked the connections: The network cable is okay -
the connection to the net also. The system is setup to work with
statically assigned IP - and those settings are definitely okay! And
those settings have worked all those months before.
As I had no other idea to fix the problem with windows, I tried running
knoppix. The system is working best - and even networking was okay.
Strange. Later I recognized, that when setting up the NIC with DHCP it
is working (even under windows), but when using a static IP (with
gateway and so on setup correct) it is not working.
The biggest problem is, that if the system will stay connected with
DHCP it is in another network segment, and by that it can not use the
printers which is needed. So I need static IP...

Has anyone ever heard of such a problem or maybe a solution?

Thanks in advance,

Barry1

Old March 8th 06, 07:40 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte

Okay,

sorry that I have to post again:
It might be useful to tell, that I'm using all the latest (not beta)
drivers from MS and those specially written for the board. I checked
that with the webpage http://download.gigabyte.com.tw/ .
Okay,

hoping for help and thanks again from

Bastian Ebeling (more known as Barry1)