HP 56 and 57 cartridges

Old July 3rd 04, 03:53 AM
Dave C.

Default HP 56 and 57 cartridges

After filling these carts, is it necessary to cover the holes with tape?
New carts have a label over the holes without any venting. Some suppliers
of ink say covering them with scotch tape is not necessary, others say to
cover them with tape, others say be sure to punch a pin hole for venting.
--
Dave C.

Remove the five 9's (leave the 4) for email.

Old July 3rd 04, 07:47 AM
Steve B

I reuse the same label, so far I've used 3 labels about 8 or 9 times, but they
are beginning to lose their stickiness. There is venting via the narrow grooves
under the label, which is why I prefer to keep a label in place after a refill,
and I'm careful to align it properly to restore the same venting. A lot of
refill ink suppliers say that the label can be left off though, but it doesn't
seem right to me, and must make the ink more prone to drying out in the sponge.

Old July 4th 04, 06:12 AM
SpamProtectAddress

The holes vent from under the label through molded channels. They can be
left
safely uncovered. The labels are designed to hide the availability of fill
ports
for the cartridges, while still allowing the cartridge maintain ambient
pressure.

WeInk.com technical support
http://www.weink.com/
Subscribe to our newsletter for up to 15% off at our website

"Dave C." wrote in message
After filling these carts, is it necessary to cover the holes with tape?
New carts have a label over the holes without any venting. Some suppliers
of ink say covering them with scotch tape is not necessary, others say to
cover them with tape, others say be sure to punch a pin hole for venting.
--
Dave C.

Remove the five 9's (leave the 4) for email.

Epson C80 OEM Cartridges' Ink Volume Jeffrey L. Hook Printers 0 June 12th 04 03:09 AM
HP #10 ink cartridges expiration date unknown??? mark_digital Printers 3 April 11th 04 02:35 AM
Printer ink cartridges Keithm Printers 0 February 18th 04 06:23 AM
Printer cartridges? Joey Printers 1 September 6th 03 01:07 PM
FA: Epson S020191 & S020187 Ink Cartridges Alison K. Printers 0 July 23rd 03 05:31 PM