Will this ASUS Build work? Newbie needs some help

Old December 20th 03, 05:23 PM
alan buckley

Default Will this ASUS Build work? Newbie needs some help

All should be ok, Im not 100% sure of the memory if its in the list of
supported memory though. As long as it is there should be no problems with
that list
" DNC_TN@ wrote in message
news
I was wondering if all these parts together would work right?
I'm a newbie builder. any help would be great!
thanks.

http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproduc...ion=11-116-150
http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproduc...ion=13-131-455
http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproduc...ion=14-142-012
http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproduc...ion=19-103-379
http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproduc...ion=20-150-564
http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproduc...ion=21-103-202
http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproduc...ion=22-144-122
http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproduc...ion=27-106-192

thanks as always...

Old December 20th 03, 06:43 PM
Paul

In article ,
" DNC_TN@ wrote:

Where would I find a memory support list?

The table at the bottom of this page might help, but a lot of the
entries are for Winbond BH-5 chips, and CH-5 are more likely to
be on modules now. I thought I read on one of the private forums,
that Winbond was trying to make BH-5s again due to the demand,
but that isn't the way that silicon manufacturing works - when
a code goes obsolete, they'll just keep tweaking the CH-5s until
they get them right (keeps people busy :-)

http://usa.asus.com/prog/spec.asp?langs=09&m=A7N8X

There could be another list of modules on the Asus site, but without
a search engine, who knows where it might be...

Paul

Old December 20th 03, 08:42 PM
SpongeBob

" DNC_TN@ wrote in message
news
I was wondering if all these parts together would work right?
I'm a newbie builder. any help would be great!
thanks.

http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproduc...ion=11-116-150
http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproduc...ion=13-131-455
http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproduc...ion=14-142-012
http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproduc...ion=19-103-379
http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproduc...ion=20-150-564
http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproduc...ion=21-103-202
http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproduc...ion=22-144-122
http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproduc...ion=27-106-192

thanks as always...

The Asus memory compatibility pages seem a bit outdated. I've read quite a
few newsgroups with people using memory that is not on the list. More than
likely it should work. Unfortunately...you never really know until you try
it. Suggestion: Why not a DVD+/-RW for an additional $50...They can be had
everywhere lately.

Old December 20th 03, 09:23 PM
SpongeBob

" DNC_TN@ wrote in message
news
On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 15:42:55 -0500, "SpongeBob"
wrote:

" DNC_TN@ wrote in message
[...]

Can you tell me how to go about installing my winxp once this is all
put together since I'll have no OS installed? Do I need a boot floppy
or can I boot from the xp cd and install the winxp that way?

thanks.

Boot from the CD

Old December 20th 03, 11:47 PM
Philip Callan

If you plan on using a SATA drive as your boot drive, you will need XP w/SP1
slipstreamed or
microsoft orig)