have you used G&G -8 cartridges?

Old April 29th 07, 01:51 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Talal Itani

Default have you used G&G -8 cartridges?

Have you used G&G CLI-8 cartridges? Please give me your recommendations.
Thanks you.

Old April 29th 07, 02:15 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Dan G

G&G compatibles are generally well-accepted. However, G&G does change ink
suppliers with some regularity so you don't always get the same ink. This is
also true of virtually any compatible. Certainly no reason not to give them
a try. I refill, and so I like to use ProColor tanks because they are
easily filled.

Old April 29th 07, 06:42 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
measekite

Dan G wrote:

G&G compatibles are generally well-accepted. However, G&G does change ink suppliers with some regularity so you don't always get the same ink.

You said it.  I have been saying this for a long time.  You never know what you are getting and the only way you can have any consistency between photos is to use OEM ink.

This is also true of virtually any compatible.

True enough

Certainly no reason not to give them a try.

Yes there is. If You want to have consistent photos and be able to rely on all of the other characteristics of the ink you need the consistency of OEM ink.  If all you care about it spending less money then you can risk your printer by using generic ink but one needs to make an informed decision.

Old April 29th 07, 08:44 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Tony[_2_]

"Dan G" wrote:
G&G compatibles are generally well-accepted. However, G&G does change ink
suppliers with some regularity so you don't always get the same ink. This is
also true of virtually any compatible.

snip
I have no knowledge of this supplier or their inks and therefore will not
comment. However to say that "virtually any compatible" supplier changes their
inks with some regularity is certainly not correct. The large well established
branded compatibles rarely if ever change their ink suppliers, in fact several
of them formulate and manufacture their own inks to match specific printers. We
are not discussing generic inks of course, I always recommend against the use
of generic inks.
Tony
MS MVP Printing/Imaging

How to tell if HP cartridges are low on ink? brebers Printers 29 February 17th 06 04:43 AM
HP Cartridges Andy Petro Printers 7 September 17th 05 08:14 AM
HP Ink Cartridges Dan Printers 5 November 19th 04 11:18 PM
How old is too old...ink cartridges Monica Printers 6 October 23rd 04 02:15 AM
What solvent(s) is/are used in HP deskjet cartridges? I have a HP DeskJet 940C and the cartridges are "15" (Black ) and "78" (Colour) Dean Keaton Printers 17 August 5th 04 04:43 PM