G450 Flashing Monitor

Old November 3rd 04, 06:52 PM
news.shaw.ca

Default G450 Flashing Monitor

Hello everyone,

I've had an interesting issue arise. I've got a G450 running both Optiquest
V775 & NEC-95F. The Optiquest is the #2 Monitor and the NEC is my main. I
can turn on my optiquest and it will work fine for a while - then it will
begin to flicker and eventually I will have no display what so ever. Once
this happens, I can turn the monitor off, and then power it back up and it
will be fine for a little bit. Times do vary greatly - occasionally the
"flickering" will begin within 2 minutes - other times we are talking 2
hours - no rhyme or reason. I've tried changing monitors around, tried
changing display settings, tried installing older version of PDesk - nothing
helps. Any suggestions?

Running WinXP SP2
PIII 2x800
512 Ram
Multiple hard drives.

Thanks!

Old November 4th 04, 12:16 AM
Richard Hopkins

"news.shaw.ca" wrote in message
I've had an interesting issue arise. I've got a G450 running both
Optiquest V775 & NEC-95F. The Optiquest is the #2 Monitor
and the NEC is my main. I can turn on my optiquest and it
will work fine for a while - then it will begin to flicker and
eventually I will have no display what so ever. I've tried changing
monitors around, tried changing display settings, tried installing older
version of PDesk - nothing helps. Any suggestions?

Eh? Are you saying that it's the #2 output on your G450 that is suffering
this issue, or that it's the Optiquest that suffers, no matter whether it's
connected to the #1 or #2 output?

It sounds like you're describing the second scenario, and in that case, it
seems as though there's a dry joint, or a similar intermittent fault, in
that particular monitor and nothing to do with the graphics card, its
drivers, software or the PC itself.
--

Richard Hopkins
Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom

Old November 5th 04, 01:46 AM
news.shaw.ca

Hello there Richard,

Nope, sorry, I didn't make myself clear on that aspect. It doesn't matter
which of my monitors I have on the #2 output - they will both do the same
"flashing". I've tried both, I've tried lowering the resolution, I've tried
just about everything that I can think of - remove & re-install Matrox
software - roll back to older version of drivers and nothing seems to work
or fix the "flashing" issue. I thought that maybe it could be MS Office XP,
as typically I have Outlook in my #2 display - but that doesn't make any
difference either.

Suggestions??

Thanks for your responce.

Dario

Old February 15th 05, 11:01 AM
chris_Xnest

Well, gentlemen, I have the same problem with a Matrox G450 Dual Head 32MB:
The monitors I connect to it are flickering when I move the mouse around
the screen, or when a program runs. For instance, if I play a movie in
Media Player, the screen is flickering like hell. Now, this effect is more
visible on my monitor at home, which is pretty old and tired, but it also
happens on other monitors which I tested, to a lesser extent, but IT DOES
HAPPEN. At first I thought maybe it's about some bad contact at the video
connector, but it's not about that.
So, if someone could point out a clue in this nasty issue, I'd be
grateful to him / her

Thank you very much