2500+ on KT600 wont go above 170 Mhz FSB

Old January 20th 05, 06:09 PM
Schumm33

Default 2500+ on KT600 wont go above 170 Mhz FSB

I have Abit KV-7 (VIA KT600), and 2 X 256 MB RAM PC3200/400 MHz (Kingmax)
I tried to overclock it, and the maximum is 170 MHz FSB.
If I go above 170 MHz It wont boot, or it wont start windows (Win XP Pro
SP1).
I tried to raise Vcore (1.7 V and 1,75 V) and its same as before.
Temp of CPU is 45 C max (dafault setings)?

What am I doing wrong?

Old January 21st 05, 12:09 AM
Hippy Paul

"Schumm33" wrote in message
I have Abit KV-7 (VIA KT600), and 2 X 256 MB RAM PC3200/400 MHz (Kingmax)
I tried to overclock it, and the maximum is 170 MHz FSB.
If I go above 170 MHz It wont boot, or it wont start windows (Win XP Pro
SP1).
I tried to raise Vcore (1.7 V and 1,75 V) and its same as before.
Temp of CPU is 45 C max (dafault setings)?

What am I doing wrong?

Are fsb and ram at a ratio of 1:1?
Maybe try a bit more voltage just to see if it will boot?

Another possibility (supposedly with some KT600) is that the board might not
be providing the 6th PCI divider (for 200mhz fsb operation) You might have
to set the default cpu fsb to 200mhz either through the cpu bridges or
through a pin mod such as that on www.ocinside.de to get the board to allow
200mhz fsb on a non 200mhz cpu.

If you have a multiplier locked 2500+ the "power now" work-around is
supposed to work on the KT600 in case you can not get above 170mhz fsb.

Old January 21st 05, 10:14 AM
RJAG

I have a locked athlon xp2500+ but it runs a 205 FSB without a hitch and
with a push 208FSB, so it would seem like luck of the draw.
if I go to 208FSB my KT600 chipset doesn't lock the PCI and my SBLive kicks
up a storm.

Robin