Dell Vista Express Upgrade

Old February 6th 07, 09:39 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
LastYJ

Default Dell Vista Express Upgrade

Has anyone gone to the Dell Vista Upgrade site and tried this?

We have ordered a few systems since October 26th and those systems are
eligible for the Express Upgrade to Windows Vista Business.

Nowhere from www.dellvistaupgrade.com does it tell you how much they are
charging.

Only after you have entered your credit card number, it tells you they are
charging C$24 for Shipping and Handling. (That's equivalent to US$20).

What are they using to ship it and how much handling is involved? I think
it's totally crazy to be charging that much to ship a CD, which, according to
the quote when we purchased the system, is supposed to be free but subject to
shipping and handling. Any idea if they charge the same for multiple
systems?

Thanks,
LYJ

Old February 6th 07, 10:05 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Tom Scales

US$10

"LastYJ" . wrote in message
06.11...
Has anyone gone to the Dell Vista Upgrade site and tried this?

We have ordered a few systems since October 26th and those systems are
eligible for the Express Upgrade to Windows Vista Business.

Nowhere from www.dellvistaupgrade.com does it tell you how much they are
charging.

Only after you have entered your credit card number, it tells you they are
charging C$24 for Shipping and Handling. (That's equivalent to US$20).

What are they using to ship it and how much handling is involved? I think
it's totally crazy to be charging that much to ship a CD, which, according
the quote when we purchased the system, is supposed to be free but subject
shipping and handling. Any idea if they charge the same for multiple
systems?

Thanks,
LYJ

News==----
Newsgroups
=----

Old February 6th 07, 11:26 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
HDRDTD

For Michigan, my cost is shown to be $10.60

$10 shipping and handling, and $.60 'est' for tax. Mi has a 6% sales tax.

at the time I configured my purchase on Dell's web site, it clearly stated
that the Free Vista upgrade would cost $10 for shipping and handling.

06.11...

Old February 7th 07, 01:31 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Barry Delfino

"hdrdtd" wrote in message
For Michigan, my cost is shown to be $10.60

$10 shipping and handling, and $.60 'est' for tax. Mi has a 6% sales tax.

at the time I configured my purchase on Dell's web site, it clearly stated
that the Free Vista upgrade would cost $10 for shipping and handling.

That's what I paid also here in PA. Does anyone know if Dell has started
shipping these upgrades yet? My order status still says "pending".

Old February 7th 07, 10:56 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Tom Scales

"Barry Delfino" wrote in message
"hdrdtd" wrote in message
For Michigan, my cost is shown to be $10.60

$10 shipping and handling, and $.60 'est' for tax. Mi has a 6% sales tax.

at the time I configured my purchase on Dell's web site, it clearly
stated that the Free Vista upgrade would cost $10 for shipping and
handling.

That's what I paid also here in PA. Does anyone know if Dell has started
shipping these upgrades yet? My order status still says "pending".

Haven't seen mine. I suspect late Feb in the order received. Since the
site wasn't up until late in the game, I should be pretty early.

Old February 7th 07, 05:18 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
hdrdtd

As Tom says, I wouldn't look for it till the end of Feb or early March.

Keep in mind, that it won't be 'just' the Vista upgrade disk (or so I
understand), it'll be the Vista Upgrade disk as well as another Dell
prepared CD that will lead you through several things including a possible
BIOS upgrade, new drivers, etc for Vista.

I suspect that it's that Dell CD that they are working on that has been the
cause of the delay between when the Official release date was and when
they'll start shipping out the Vista upgrade packages.

Old February 7th 07, 06:32 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Barry Delfino

"hdrdtd" wrote in message
news
As Tom says, I wouldn't look for it till the end of Feb or early March.

Keep in mind, that it won't be 'just' the Vista upgrade disk (or so I
understand), it'll be the Vista Upgrade disk as well as another Dell
prepared CD that will lead you through several things including a possible
BIOS upgrade, new drivers, etc for Vista.

I suspect that it's that Dell CD that they are working on that has been
the cause of the delay between when the Official release date was and when
they'll start shipping out the Vista upgrade packages.

Interesting! Thanks for the replies.

A Statement from Dell re Vista Jay B Dell Computers 67 February 5th 07 06:59 AM
Vista Keith Dell Computers 14 November 22nd 06 07:44 PM
Dell's Sorry History of Microphone/Soundcard Issue (Update) Class_Action General 127 January 20th 06 09:30 PM
Dell's Sorry History of Microphone/Soundcard Issue (Update) Class_Action Dell Computers 121 December 12th 05 12:47 PM
Cisco News Ya'll MemoryDealers General 0 April 21st 04 04:14 PM