OT--Adobe Reader Updates -- necessary??

Old July 11th 06, 04:52 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
MZB

Default OT--Adobe Reader Updates -- necessary??

I used Adobe Reader 7.07 and got a message that I should upgrade to 7.08.

Anyone know if it is advisable to upgrade??

(It is always such a pain and I'm not sure if it is necessary with Adobe)

Mel

Old July 11th 06, 05:13 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
journey

On Tue, 11 Jul 2006 11:52:21 -0400, "MZB"
wrote:

I used Adobe Reader 7.07 and got a message that I should upgrade to 7.08.

Anyone know if it is advisable to upgrade??

(It is always such a pain and I'm not sure if it is necessary with Adobe)

Mel

Why is it a pain? I'd just upgrade.
Old July 11th 06, 10:27 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
MZB

Hi Journey:

I just remember having a problem or two with previous upgrades.

Mel

Old July 12th 06, 01:38 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Harry Gordon

wrote:

I used Adobe Reader 7.07 and got a message that I should upgrade to 7.08.

Anyone know if it is advisable to upgrade??

(It is always such a pain and I'm not sure if it is necessary with Adobe)

Mel

Why is it a pain? I'd just upgrade.

I recently updated both of my computers with the new Adobe updates and thus
far haven't had any problems. However, I haven't ever had a problem with any
of their updates as far as that goes. I don't recall exactly what update
created this feature but you can now scroll smoothly between pages whereas
before Adobe would cause a break between pages. In other words you were not
able to see the bottom of page 3 and the top of page 4 at the same time; now
you can.

HTH

Harry

Old July 12th 06, 07:29 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
MZB

OK-- did the update. It still was balky, but I got it done and you are
right. There does seem to be a smoother transition between pages. Much
improved.

Mel

Old July 12th 06, 11:32 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Hank Arnold

I'm curious as to what "it was still balky" means? Other than the time
it takes to download and install, I'm not aware of any problems since I
first installed V7...

Regards,
Hank Arnold

Old July 12th 06, 03:41 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
MZB

Here's what happens, and this has happened with a few updates.

I start the process. During installation, it tells me it can't install until
I close the open version of Adobe (7.07 in this case). But there is no open
version. Even with ctrl/alt/del there is no open version running. I press
Continue and I get the same message. I wait awhile, press Continue again,
and it finishes installation.

I can't figure out why it does that.

But eventually it does install.

As stated, I am pleased with the new version, 7.08.

I assume nobody else has this balky installation.

Mel

Old July 12th 06, 04:04 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Ben Myers

Mel,

One possibility to clean up this anomaly would be to uninstall Acrobat Reader
7.08, then install it again... Ben Myers

Old July 12th 06, 08:24 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
MZB

Ben:

Good idea. But I've just upgraded to 7.08 and all is fine.

Maybe when 7.09 comes out, I'll uninstall current version and then do a
fresh d/l.

Mel

Old July 13th 06, 12:11 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Christopher Muto

if internet explorer is open then the acrobat plugin is probably in use. or
it could be the 'acrobat assitant' is running with startup to help acrobat
files open faster... either way they could be more explicit what as to what
the problem is... i suppose you get what you pay for