Have I been had

Old February 10th 04, 09:04 PM

Default Have I been had

Bought a G550 OEM Dual DVI card in order to attach it to two digital TFTs.

Turn's up with a cable with two D-Sub connectors, and now I hear I have to
pay an additional £35 for a cable with two DVI connectors.

Errr.... it's called a Dual DVI card?

Have I been had, or can I get a free cable

TIA
Dave Arkley

Old February 10th 04, 11:17 PM
J. Clarke

Bought a G550 OEM Dual DVI card in order to attach it to two digital TFTs.

Turn's up with a cable with two D-Sub connectors, and now I hear I have to
pay an additional £35 for a cable with two DVI connectors.

Errr.... it's called a Dual DVI card?

Have I been had, or can I get a free cable

Geez, check the Web site first why don't you? The Matrox site says very
clearly that that cable is extra cost. I agree it wouldn't have hurt them
to include the cable, but the circuitry to support DVI is there on the
board, which is the reason for the name.

TIA
Dave Arkley

--
--John
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)
Old February 21st 04, 06:31 PM
Eric Wolfe

I just bought an OEM dual head 550 that came with both sets of cables from
http://www.ictcompany.com/ (no association with same - found them through
Pricewatch while trying to help a buddy who got bit by the same "What - A
DVI card with no DVI cable?" deal).

Since I needed only the dual VGA cable, it turned out to be a very sweet
deal for both of us. 89 bucks with free shipping if you clicked through
from Pricewatch. I believe the part was originally a Compaq but the board
is exactly the same as the OEM 550 down to the PCB revision number. Boards
were brand new, no sign of any wear on the fingers - they were, as
advertised, brand new.

Eric