HDMI (cable?) Noise PROOF (second youtube video)

Old December 14th 18, 04:35 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
[email protected]

Default HDMI (cable?) Noise PROOF (second youtube video)

In this second video I explore the HDMI (cable?) noise by cranking up the volume to max on the denon 1909 receiver.

As far as I am concerned this is now HARD CORE/100% EVIDENCE that something might be a-miss with HDMI cables and HDMI specification.

What casts doubt on this is "coffee spill" on denon receiver.

Therefore I will need YOU to repeat this experiment and let me know your findings.

https://youtu.be/VCedhO_EYU0

In this video I tried all kinds of things:

1. Muting the volume on both computers.

2. Finally I decided to unplug the HDMI cable from laptop and it's immediately apperent that the noise is coming/related from the HDMI cable.

3. I then remove it from laptop and reconnect it to PC and the same happens.

4. Whats even more astounding is that when I move the mouse or switching pictures of the receiver on the web... I can actually hear my computer "processing" and I can hear the voltage fluctuations on the speakers.

When HDMI cable is disconnected and the receiver is switched to Analog/creative x-fi soundblaster these voltages fluctuations go almost entirely away, 99%.

So this proves the x-fi soundblaster and analog signal is voltage-wise much safer and cleaner and stable.

The HDMI cable/signal is WEIRD/dangerous ! Some kind of voltage is going over it ?!

Maybe a signal from ground wire from chasis, no idea where it is exactly coming from, electrical experts will have to figure this out.

So there are now some possibilities:

1. Either the HDMI cable is flawed.

2. The HDMI specification/standard/technology is flawed/voltage-wise unsafe.

3. The denon receiver coffee spill has something to do with it, however this is very unlikely since the spill is no where near the HDMI chips.

So because my equipment is not "pure coffee" so to speak, I cannot rule it out completely, point 3.

So this is where you guys can come in.

IF YOU HAPPEN TO HAVE A HDMI RECEIVER THEN REPEAT THIS EXPERIMENT.

CONNECT RECEIVER VIA HDMI TO PC AND SET THE VOLUME ON RECEIVER TO MAX.

SET VOLUME ON PC AT LEAST 50% OR ALSO MAX.

AND THEN SEE IF YOU NOTICE ANY SEVERE NOISE LIKE ON THIS YOUTUBE VIDEO.

To hear the noise on the youtube video set your volume/speakers to max and you will at least hear it when I kept the camera close to the speakers.

I wish I had done this more often during the experimenting when I pulled the plugs... because when I did some the camera was far away and maybe the camera didn't pick up on it.... but I am telling you the thruth though....

Otherwise if the video does not 100% proof it I will have to make a third video... proving that what I just told you is the thruth.

I can hear my PC process information over the HDMI channel.

As far as I am concerned this could be an indication of a very dangerous/serious problem... this should not be happening as far as I am concerned... the analog seems much safer.

Love to hear your thoughts and oppinions on this and especially experiments and maybe even voltage measurements if you are capable of doing so ?!

Bye for now,
Skybuck.