Archive Python 02635 on W2K Pro

Old November 4th 04, 03:16 PM
DJ

Default Archive Python 02635 on W2K Pro

I have a Archive Python 02635 which I've been using on a Sun
workstation. I need to use the drive on a W2K Pro machine.

The W2K Pro device manager lists the drive properly, as does Removable
Media Storage, however, The RSM shows any tape I put in the drive as
/unrecognized/unknown.

When I try to prepare the tape, it says the media is write protected.

I need to be able to use NTBACKUP with this drive to transfer data
between a the W2K Pro and a WNT machine with a DDS-2 drive.

Any way to get this drive working with W2K Pro? I've tracked Archive
Python drives back to Seagate/Certance, however they say the drive
won't work on windows, due to firmware Sun put on the drive. Is this
true? If so why and is there a way to change the firmware (Certance
says they have no firmware for the drive).

Perhaps some switch or jumper settings.

Any help would be appreciated.

DJ