Cooking Bacon on my nForce2 South-Bridge (again).

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old February 7th 04, 10:50 PM
Wayne Youngman

Default Cooking Bacon on my nForce2 South-Bridge (again).

Hi,

I just bought myself a new Digital Thermometer today, and the first thing I
could think of testing was the *South-Bridge* of the NF7-S system I just
sold.

Since the machine didn't have any hard-disks I just let it load up memtest
x86 and loop for a while.

15 minutes later. . . .the reading from LCD display was. . . .68°C lol!

I know we discussed this before (a few months ago), but isn't that too hot?
I did try to find some pre-made heatsinks in the *U.K* but no luck. Why
didn't anyone start selling heatsinks for the nForce2 boards?

The South-Bridge is situated very close to the AGP slot so I have no idea
how people are using Zalman heatsinks, surely they get in the way of the AGP
card, especially if it has a meaty heatsinks itself?
--
Wayne ][
new specs coming soon!