P5GZ-MX

Old October 11th 07, 12:32 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
mr deo

Default P5GZ-MX

I find that when I copy huge files, via network or from the DVD drive, the
computer seems to slow down (or damn near stop)..

Viewing active processes shows that nothing has any real load (less than 1%
total)
Viewing active processes shows that core1 is loaded 95%-100%, core2 has 0%
load..

DVD drive = Pata
Hard Drive = SATA 300

I have search'd for this answer before and seen a few people suffering the
same problem.. but I would welcome comments/suggestions or better yet, a Fix

Old October 11th 07, 12:45 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
mr deo

I find that when I copy huge files, via network or from the DVD drive, the
computer seems to slow down (or damn near stop)..

I have search'd for this answer before and seen a few people suffering the
same problem.. but I would welcome comments/suggestions or better yet, a

Fix

I guess I should note, it seems that the load is caused by used
interrupts....
But I take it if someone knows the answer to my original question they
probably knew that as well

Old October 12th 07, 03:02 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Paul

mr deo wrote:
"mr deo" wrote in message
I find that when I copy huge files, via network or from the DVD drive,

the
computer seems to slow down (or damn near stop)..

..
I have search'd for this answer before and seen a few people suffering

the
same problem.. but I would welcome comments/suggestions or better yet, a

Fix

I guess I should note, it seems that the load is caused by used
interrupts....
But I take it if someone knows the answer to my original question they
probably knew that as well

Update: Fixed
;P

Fixed how, exactly ? Changing from PIO to DMA ? Some
kind of IRQ change ?

Give us poor readers a clue...

Paul
Old October 14th 07, 02:23 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
mr deo

Fixed how, exactly ? Changing from PIO to DMA ? Some
kind of IRQ change ?

Give us poor readers a clue...

Paul

Yea, Strange that, PIO to DMA..
But the odd thing is, there's no drives attach'd to the driver that I
changed from PIO to DMA.. In fact, there's not even a connection block in
the pc (physical) for it..

so I had never look'd at it :/

Intel/Asus/Microsoft?.. someone had a strange sense of humor.