mother board size: compaq deskpro 5133

Old October 28th 03, 03:30 PM
Patrick Cairpre

Default mother board size: compaq deskpro 5133

I'd like to replace the motherboard on a compaq deskpro 5133.
Can anyone tellme what size motherboard this is?
Thanks
Old October 28th 03, 04:39 PM
HH

Back in the Pentium days, most Compaq motherboards were proprietary.
HH

m...

Old November 10th 03, 02:00 AM
Bert

"HH" wrote in message
Back in the Pentium days, most Compaq motherboards were proprietary.

I have used a standard ATX in a Presario that predates PIII. You need to
check the I/O panel and the mounting screw holes and if everything lines up,
you must be certain that the new MB has the processor in a place that the
fan won't be in the way of the Power Supply. That was the only
consideration that I found.