SanDisk Sansa review

Old October 13th 06, 12:23 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Bret Miller

Default SanDisk Sansa review

I bought a San Disk Mp3 player to listen to audio books.
It also lets you record voice and listen to FM radio.

The battery life is great. I get about 11 hours on a single AAA
battery.
Unfortunately that is about the only good thing.

Sound quality - fair. But you get a lot of "over talk" from other mp3
on the player, only noticeable on the quite part.

Controls - Lets see. What is a polite way to say it sucks? Poor. Very
poor. For music listening it is only fair. However the FFW has a
very slow advance and trying to find a place on any Mp3 over 2 minutes
is grueling. Combine this with the fact that if you push the FFW
button and let up and the FFW again too quickly, you advance to the
next track.
On top of this MY San Disk forgets its place. If you are 40 min into
an audio book and turn it off, it may or may not remember where it
stopped. Actually when it was new, it may or may not have, now it
never remembers where it left off. Which makes you spend another 20
min looking for your spot.

You can sort the Mp3s based on what I guess is data from the ID tag,
but it never works.

It comes with a cheap plastic cover and a cheesy Velcro strap to put
around your arm. But for $10-$15 you can buy a silicon cover that
lacks a cover for the LCD panel. It does have a handy place to hook a
camera type strap to it. One that goes around your neck works much
better than one that goes around your arm.

It is very inexpensive, has good battery life but that is all I can
say for it. I was thinking about getting a newer one from San disk
that does Video, but after having this one, I do not thing I would buy
one without an intimate conversation with someone that already own
one.