athlon xp 2800 - Ghz?

Old August 11th 05, 12:23 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.thunderbird,alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
JAD

Default athlon xp 2800 - Ghz?

"Ruel Smith" wrote in message
Lighten up! It's a commonly used phrased that 90% of the public aren't
offended by. Get a sense of humor for God's sake...

Really? - I find it rude too. How about you get an APPROPRIATE sense of
humour and grow up!

If you find it that rude, I could care less. You need to unwind... The
problem with the world we currently live in is that everyone is constantly
offended. Chill out... Life's too short!

And there in lies the problem, its not funny, or entertaining. The 'problem'
is.... people say whatever they like to someone else and have the impression
that nobody cares. I suggest you 'chill out ' as any adult knows, the
words you use, gives insight to your upbringing and intelligence.(if you
even care. as most young folks today could care less) Just because 'crack'
is a 'commonly' used drug where your from , some folks haven't a clue as to
what it is. Try a little respect, it goes a long way.

Old August 11th 05, 05:50 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.thunderbird,alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
David Maynard

Ruel Smith wrote:
Lighten up! It's a commonly used phrased that 90% of the public aren't
offended by. Get a sense of humor for God's sake...

Really? - I find it rude too. How about you get an APPROPRIATE sense of
humour and grow up!

If you find it that rude, I could care less. You need to unwind... The
problem with the world we currently live in is that everyone is constantly
offended. Chill out... Life's too short!

Maybe there wouldn't be so many offended people if there weren't so many
people being offensive.

Old August 11th 05, 08:26 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.thunderbird,alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
BobTheCat

Default athlon xp 2800 - Ghz? Thanks!

Thanks, Carlos!

After a little bit of a deviation, we have a final answer.

On the "crack" crack, let me just say that when I first read that post, I
tho't, ....."YES!"
Go figure.... ;~D
May I further say that the person who was offended by that comment....well,
maybe they SHOULD be on crack! (Or valium).

Okay, nuff said on that topic.

Thanks all for your input!
Bob

"Carlos" wrote in message
BobTheCat wrote:
Hi,

I just ordered a replacement for my Dad's burned up 2800 AMD Athlon XP

(fan
and heatsink fell off) with a new one.
He insistes that his previous CPU said "2.75 or 2.8Ghz" in the POST

when he
booted his PC but the specs on the one I ordered says it's a 2.08Ghz

CPU.
Are there different speeds of the same Athlon XP 2800 CPU?

[I have NO experience with AMD.]

Can this CPU be overclocked? How high is the "usual/average" SAFE freq?

[He
has an eMachine].

Thanks!
BobTheCat

This table lists all the info for the Athlon XP chips:

http://www.c627627.com/AMD/AthlonXP/

Old August 11th 05, 05:30 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.thunderbird,alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
spodosaurus

JAD wrote:

Wrong! as usual... that is a word referring to a female dog, used in

the

breeding of dogs.....but RUDE when used in reference to a person.

Which is exactly the usage you were referring to, unless you're one of
those freaks with an abberant interest in animals...?

Nice use of 'big' words,,, if your going to use them, put them in some

kind

of coherent order.

Try learning the language before using it next time. Your lack of
education is not my problem.

Heh, regardless of your wiggling, the word is not profanity.
Please continue to spew, it puts you in a category with a rare few.

The rare few who understand the english language: a group you are STILL
apparently not a member of, despite my repeatedly encouraging you to
drag yourself from the pool of lazy ignorance you wallow in through the
day. Profanity is language that is abusive or offensive. The definition
of Bitch you were referring to falls into that category. So, once again,
I've made you my bitch, Bitch.

http://www.abmdr.org.au/
http://www.marrow.org/
Old August 11th 05, 05:33 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.thunderbird,alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
JAD

good job.... you made it...... "L"

Old August 11th 05, 05:37 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.thunderbird,alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
spodosaurus

JAD wrote:
good job.... you made it...... "L"

Bite on the ball and stay still.

http://www.abmdr.org.au/
http://www.marrow.org/
Old August 11th 05, 10:07 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.thunderbird,alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Ruel Smith

And there in lies the problem, its not funny, or entertaining. The
'problem'
is.... people say whatever they like to someone else and have the
impression
that nobody cares. I suggest you 'chill out ' as any adult knows, the
words you use, gives insight to your upbringing and intelligence.(if you
even care. as most young folks today could care less) Just because
'crack'
is a 'commonly' used drug where your from , some folks haven't a clue as
what it is. Try a little respect, it goes a long way.

Umm...it's a commonly used phrase used to say someone doesn't know what
they're talking about. It's not meant to get a laugh or entertain. It's just
everyday slang jargon used by millions. You've never heard anyone tell you
or someone else "you're on crack..."?

I'm almost 37, have a college education, was formerly a beginning computer
programmer, before the dot-com crash and my subsequent layoff, and am not
ignorant by any degree or young enough that I have this slacker attitude as
you suggest. I'm not even in the same ballpark as the person you've
obviously imagined me as being.

As far as crack, if you don't know what it is, since it's all over the
television, then you've been hiding in a cave. And, wakeup...crack's used
everywhere, in every major city.

Again, it's a commonly used phrase that no one I've ever met has ever been
offended by until now. You people sound like a bunch of sensitive sissies.
Suck it up and get over it! (pssst: now I am being offensive...) Cry all you
want, I will NOT apologize for using a commonly used phrase that gets used
daily by people from all walks of life.

Go on with your life, people. Life's too short to get upset over nothing.

Old August 11th 05, 10:10 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.thunderbird,alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Ruel Smith

On the "crack" crack, let me just say that when I first read that post, I
tho't, ....."YES!"
Go figure.... ;~D
May I further say that the person who was offended by that
comment....well,
maybe they SHOULD be on crack! (Or valium).

Okay, nuff said on that topic.

Thanks! There you go... The OP understood it wasn't offensive in nature.
Kudos! Glad you've gotten everything straightened out, BTW. (oops...more
slang? Someone else my get offended!)

Old August 11th 05, 10:27 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.thunderbird,alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
rpl

Ruel Smith wrote:

"your dad's on crack"

Umm...it's a commonly used phrase used to say someone doesn't know what
they're talking about.

IMHO s/"to say"/"by"

It's not meant to get a laugh or entertain.

It doesn't.

It's just everyday slang jargon used by millions.

Population of the world = ?(???,???,???)

Ratio billion:million = ?(???):?

Percentage of people who use that phrase = .?%

You've never heard anyone tell you
or someone else "you're on crack..."?

never used the stuff.

I'm almost 37, have a college education, was formerly a beginning computer
programmer, before the dot-com crash and my subsequent layoff, and am not
ignorant by any degree or young enough that I have this slacker attitude as
you suggest. I'm not even in the same ballpark as the person you've
obviously imagined me as being.

"I'm unemployed and middle-aged" would've been sufficient descriptive
though how that's supposed to make a difference is beyond me. And I
could be wrong, but isn't that a little too old to have used/be using
crack ?

As far as crack, if you don't know what it is, since it's all over the
television, then you've been hiding in a cave. And, wakeup...crack's used
everywhere, in every major city.

?

See above "Population Percentage" comment.

Again, it's a commonly used phrase that no one I've ever met has ever been
offended by until now. You people sound like a bunch of sensitive sissies.

Suck it up and get over it! (pssst: now I am being offensive...)

figures; I don't find that phrase offensive; inappropriate perhaps, but
not offensive.

rpl

Old August 11th 05, 10:34 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.thunderbird,alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
JAD

"Ruel Smith" wrote in message
[...]

NO....its degrading and a reference to doing dope...do you do crack? so that
you could Identify someone whos on it? Common to who?, just because you live
somewhere where crack is used commonly doesn't mean everybody does.
College?....talk with some intelligence then. I obviously have much more
respect for my folks and proud in the fact that I am street drug free. BTW I
live in Los Angeles, I know all about it, yet for some strange reason, I
don't infer that people I talk to, nor there folks, are on it. Again, just
because you have heard it said numerous times doesn't make it ok. I hear the
'n' word all the time, I don't use that either.

I'm almost 37, have a college education, was formerly a beginning computer
programmer, before the dot-com crash and my subsequent layoff, and am not
ignorant by any degree or young enough that I have this slacker attitude

as
you suggest. I'm not even in the same ballpark as the person you've
obviously imagined me as being.

Hmmm let me see....nope don't give a damn, your mouth says different.

As far as crack, if you don't know what it is, since it's all over the
television, then you've been hiding in a cave. And, wakeup...crack's used
everywhere, in every major city.

BULLCRAP....sad that you promote the use. You watch too much TV news.

Again, it's a commonly used phrase that no one I've ever met has ever been
offended by until now. You people sound like a bunch of sensitive sissies.
Suck it up and get over it! (pssst: now I am being offensive...) Cry all

you
want, I will NOT apologize for using a commonly used phrase that gets used
daily by people from all walks of life.

I wouldn't expect someone like you to appologize, and your wrong...lets ask
grandma shall we, whats that ? oh it wasn't around then.......

Go on with your life, people. Life's too short to get upset over nothing.

Yeah its all 'nothing', the typical apathy that DOES Exist everywhere.