My 9600 pro is giving me a headache ?

Old September 22nd 03, 10:41 PM
We Live For The One We Die For The One

Default My 9600 pro is giving me a headache ?

Ive got it set at 85htz but its like its at 60htz ??

Can the card override your settings ???

Also i can not get over 85 hertz on ANY resolution /???

Even 800 by 600, and my old card could do atleast 120htz..

The monitor is just a plug and play and has no drivers, its a packard
bell 19 incher.

****ty yes, going to get a flat screen decent one Sony,ect.

But want to fix this problem but not sure what the problem is ?

is their a way to know what Hertz the Monitor is at ?

Thanks.

Old September 22nd 03, 10:43 PM
spamtrap@localhost

On Tue, 23 Sep 2003 07:41:44 +1000, We Live For The One We Die For The
One wrote:

The monitor is just a plug and play and has no drivers, its a packard
bell 19 incher.

But want to fix this problem but not sure what the problem is ?

Your monitor driver. The plug and play driver errs on the side of
caution so you don't blow up the monitor.
please don't top post. Trim messages to quote only relevent text.
Old September 22nd 03, 11:06 PM
We Live For The One We Die For The One

Is their a way to see what hertz my monitor is running at ?

Windows says 85hertz is it always right ?

I changed back to my orig card and the screen is still making me sick
?

Like bac in the good old days of Doom, I chucked playing but still
played it

Thanks.

Old September 23rd 03, 02:36 AM
Daniel Tonks

wrote in message ...
Is their a way to see what hertz my monitor is running at ?

Usually the monitor is the last word - most current ones will display the
refresh rate.

Windows says 85hertz is it always right ?

No, it often lies. Especially with ATI cards.

Try downloading a program called "Reforce". It'll adjust your monitor
profile so that the *minimum* supported refresh rate is the one you want to
run with - that way Windows has no choice but to run 85Hz, 90Hz, 100Hz, etc.

- Daniel

Old September 23rd 03, 10:00 AM
Malc

wrote in message ...
Is their a way to see what hertz my monitor is running at ?

Usually the monitor is the last word - most current ones will

display the
refresh rate.

Windows says 85hertz is it always right ?

No, it often lies. Especially with ATI cards.

Try downloading a program called "Reforce". It'll adjust your

monitor
profile so that the *minimum* supported refresh rate is the one you

want
run with - that way Windows has no choice but to run 85Hz, 90Hz,

100Hz,
etc.

- Daniel

ATI Radeon cards have problems with some monitors. The refresh rate
stays at 60hz even though its set at a higher value in Display
Properties.

You can fix this in the registry by changing the value of
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\
Software\ATI
Technologies\Driver\0002\DAL\IDCRegOptionDontUseOS MonitorInfo
from 01 00 00 00 to 00 00 00 00.

The 0002 key may be a different number on your machine.

Malcolm

Old September 24th 03, 02:30 AM
Daniel Tonks

"Malc" wrote in message

ATI Radeon cards have problems with some monitors. The refresh rate
stays at 60hz even though its set at a higher value in Display
Properties.

You can fix this in the registry by changing the value of
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\
Software\ATI
Technologies\Driver\0002\DAL\IDCRegOptionDontUseOS MonitorInfo
from 01 00 00 00 to 00 00 00 00.

The 0002 key may be a different number on your machine.

When I tried that fix a year ago it didn't do anything for my system (and
incidentally that's not close to the right registry location for a lot of
installations).

Reforce is a great little utility and can be found he
http://www.pagehosting.co.uk/rf/

- Daniel