No Display - Part 2

Old March 15th 08, 04:15 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Mr.E Solved!

Default No Display - Part 2

GMAN wrote:
In article B7BCj.75739$yE1.9270@attbi_s21, "Travis King" wrote:
"Paul" wrote in message ...
Travis King wrote:

Went out today and bought some dual-channel RAM at a store rated at 1.8V.
Put it in, and it worked! It's actually lower end RAM than the G-Skill,
but at this point, I wanted it to just work. It's 667MHz instead of
800MHz.
Of course it worked.
That is what standards are all about. :-)))
Sometimes... Maybe...
Um, OK, I admit it, its a crapshoot...

Paul

lol I am going to return the G-Skill to newegg and just use this cheap RAM
and be done with it. I guess there are times that cheaper isn't better.
(That doesn't happen too often though.)

But why run the MB at the speed its not meant to be run at.

Granny isn't going to notice that her RAM--CPU bus is running at 166Mhz
instead of 200Mhz unless she runs Cpu-Z and then runs Sandra to validate
her findings.
Old March 16th 08, 02:38 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Kyle

"Travis King" wrote in message
| "Paul" wrote in message
| Travis King wrote:
|

| Went out today and bought some dual-channel RAM at a store rated
at 1.8V.
| Put it in, and it worked! It's actually lower end RAM than the
G-Skill,
| but at this point, I wanted it to just work. It's 667MHz instead
of
| 800MHz.
|
| Of course it worked.
| That is what standards are all about. :-)))
| Sometimes... Maybe...
| Um, OK, I admit it, its a crapshoot...
|
| Paul
|

| lol I am going to return the G-Skill to newegg and just use this
cheap RAM
| and be done with it. I guess there are times that cheaper isn't
better.
| (That doesn't happen too often though.)

Even reputable brand ram can be bad or fail after extended use. I
recently RMA'd (under warranty, failed after about 2 years of use,
lifetime guarantees are great) a stick to a reputable vendor, and the
replacement stick failed memtest86. Had to RMA the replacement stick,
finally got a "good stick" of ram on the second go around. This is
why running memtest86 on new ram is always a worthwhile step when
building/upgrading a system.
--
Best regards,
Kyle

No Display - Part 2 Travis King Asus Motherboards 21 March 16th 08 02:38 PM
Display problems with Apple Cinema display The Dave 3000 Ati Videocards 2 August 29th 06 05:43 PM
Inspiron 1150 display dim/dark Backlight? Display? Inverter? Danny Dell Computers 3 August 7th 06 04:32 AM
IS THIS PART AVAILABLE Marty Printers 0 August 30th 05 05:55 PM
Problem: Blank display after fiddling with primary/secondary display settings Rasmus Paetau Ati Videocards 2 June 17th 04 01:03 AM