ARGOSY - HD363N - Network Storage

Old April 3rd 06, 05:30 AM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage

Default ARGOSY - HD363N - Network Storage

Nedal:

You might try putting an FTP server on your pc and see if that has the
same problem. If it does, you know that it is in your cable modem /
router, and if it does not, you will know it is in the NAS itself. I
have found the Guild FTP daemon to be a nice freeware one.

http://www.guildftpd.com/index.php

Old April 5th 06, 02:30 AM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage

Nedal - No, no such problems with errors to the drive. I have two of
them, one at each of my residences, that I use for friends, and for
myself to move files around, put work-in-progress files there, etc.,
and never had a problem with file corruption.

But here's what I found got fixed with the 1215 Argosy firmware (it
might have been mentioned before but I missed it)

Firmware 1013 Time was 1 hour off when Daylight Savings time box was
checked (at least that was my experience). The time shown on the TIME
screen for the owner administration differed by 1 hour from the time
(hours) shown when one created a directory on the drive. Now, the
1215 firmware fixes that - what is shown as the time in the
administrative 'web page' is the same as what the drive will use as a
subdirectory time when a new directory is created. This makes backup
programs a lot happier.

It makes sense that different 'brands' of HD363N all work fine with
HD363N Firmware update from Argosy, that is NOT available from the
taiwanese manufacturer directly.

Hal

Old April 8th 06, 07:30 AM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage

Thanks a lot guys, i'll give all your suggestions a try and give you
feed back .

I appreciate your help.

Old May 5th 06, 12:26 PM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage

Can you get your HD363N to act as an http web server?
Is there a firmware like Unslung that can do that?
Regards
/JZ

Old May 16th 06, 11:42 PM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage

Hello everybody.

Is anybody know what is really last firmware for this prosuct.
For now i've found
-0317
1216
1013

What is the really last one?
I don't want to try everyone of them

Thank You for the help.

Alvoo

--
alvoo
Old May 17th 06, 09:03 AM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage

Alvoo

The last firmware version of the HD363N NAS drive is
1216

Old May 17th 06, 11:13 PM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage

Nedal Wrote:
Alvoo

The last firmware version of the HD363N NAS drive is
1216

Thanks

If this firmware is formatting the HDD?
Am i need to save all aside and after apgrade to fill it back or all
still without change?

--
alvoo
Old May 21st 06, 03:32 AM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage

Today I downloaded firmware version 007-0428 from Argosy's European
region at http://www.argosy.nl/product/hd363n.htm.
Included with the .bin file is a Word document that lists 20 fixes.

I hope this helps... Alan

Old May 24th 06, 10:33 PM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage

It gets a bit confusing.

I suspect the version numbers might be build dates sans year, as in
1216 meaning December 16 and 0428 meaning April 28?

My 1216 has a modify date of March 3, 2006 and the 0428 has May 05,
2006. Hmm. Maybe that theory is busted.

I guess we might conclude this 0428 is "newer" then. The
version numbers sure throw me though.

I wish I had a list of fixes in 1216 for comparison.

Old June 1st 06, 11:36 PM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage

To keep track of which is the most recent firmware release, you should
also consider the digit(s) before the date code. Below shows the
sequence of firmware releases that I'm aware of:

2005:
02-0217
03-0311
04-0317
05-0607
06-1013
06-1215

2006:
07-0428

Why two 06 versions were released I have no idea.

Tritton was doing a pretty good job of tracking firmware history
(LINK)
but they have appeared to stop at 06-1013.