ARGOSY - HD363N - Network Storage

Old March 3rd 06, 07:31 PM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage

Default ARGOSY - HD363N - Network Storage

Yes, the 1216 firmware looks good. No Set-EOF woes and so far every
other test I use passes with flying colors.

I wonder if anyone will try some PST file test cases that used to
fail?

Old March 3rd 06, 07:31 PM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage

Peterwrote:
[quote:536acd0ad5]I've done everything exactly as you said before
with the exception of
doing the hard reboot so I'll give that a shot tonight as well.

Can
you connect to the FTP from an outside line like from work or a
friends house? Reason I ask is that I can sit there on my couch

and
connect using the outside IP address just fine on any port,

This needs clarification. You connect to ftp box using outside IP?
What is an "outside IP"? Public IP of your router?
What's your network setup? Is it:
internet - cable/dsl modem - router - local network devices
so IP's a
internet - router Public IP - router Private IP - (FTP box IP; PC IP)

Therefore you probably meant that from PC IP you have connected
susscessfully using "router Public IP:FTP port"?
That's not a valid test. You need someone with internet Public IP try
access "router Public IP:FTP port". Not from your local
network.

but when
I try it from work or have a couple of my buddies try from Indiana

or
North Carolina they are unable to "fully" connect. I say
that b/c it will appear that you can log in but then it never
displays the folder directory to upload/download

files....[/quote:536acd0ad5]

I apologize if I'm not using the proper terminology I do not do this
everyday thus I am explaining it the best way I know how. But as far
as my setup goes I have cable modem-Wireless Linksys router-to
the NAS box also have a personal computer at home. When I stated
outside IP I meant the IP of the router assigned by Comcast, not the
IP of my local network. I can connect at home w/ FlashFXP or
SmartFTP, I am able to connect from work but the public shared folder
does not show up. The last setup I tried was setting the NAS FTP to
port 50000 and used a static IP of 192.,168.1.116 with a gateway of
192.168.1.1. On the router I forwarded ports 49000 to 51000 to the
NAS IP of 192.168.1.116.

Old March 3rd 06, 09:37 PM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage

I apologize if I'm not using the proper terminology I do not do this
everyday thus I am explaining it the best way I know how.

No problem. Try to learn a few things by reading a lot.

But as far
as my setup goes I have cable modem-Wireless Linksys router-to
the NAS box also have a personal computer at home. When I stated
outside IP I meant the IP of the router assigned by Comcast, not the
IP of my local network.

That is your "Public IP" address. The one valid on Internet (Public)
network.

I can connect at home w/ FlashFXP or
SmartFTP, I am able to connect from work but the public shared folder
does not show up.

That is because your FTP box invites a further communication on a different
port.
For some servers that port range is customizable. For HD363N - I don't know.
That's why I have asked you to look in a router firewall log; to see what
port ftp client is trying to use.

The last setup I tried was setting the NAS FTP to
port 50000 and used a static IP of 192.,168.1.116 with a gateway of
192.168.1.1. On the router I forwarded ports 49000 to 51000 to the
NAS IP of 192.168.1.116.

Why did you decide to open 49000-51000 range? That has nothing to do with
setting control port to 50000.
You can open any ports you want, but they have to coincide with a
"server-side port of the data connection".

Otherwise further communication is blocked. Readup:
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=283679
and for MS IIS FTP (not applicable to your HD263N):
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=555022

Old March 13th 06, 08:35 PM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage

Hi Guys,

I have been following this particular thread on this forum for ages
and is been of so so much help. Its amazing how everyone tries to
help out on others problems with the simple Nas device and NAS in
general. Keep the great work up.

I do have a little problem here myself. I have had the Argosy HD363N
drive for sometime now, running the The Argosy 1013 firmware and it
works flawlessly, however i have been having this one problem with my
FTP.

When ever i transfer files from work to the house where i have the
Argosy HD363N some files get corrupted, some partly and some are ok.
I'm not sure what is causing this problem. I just installed The
Argosy 006-1216 firmware today and i'll try again.

I have a linksys WRT54GS router with FTP Port 21 forwarded. I'm able
to connect perfectly from anywhere. Please let me know if anyone is
having the same issues and how they fixed. Any help will be so much
appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Old March 16th 06, 12:31 PM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage

Hi,

I have exactly identical problem with FTP.
When I copies files from my work on ftp on HD363N this all it is seems
OK.
In house I download these files and it turns that I can not them open.

The size of files are identical like original.
I have the newest firmware 1216. Router 3Com DSL / Gateway

What can be problem?

-----------------------------------

Old March 16th 06, 10:32 PM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage

I'm not sure what the problem is, but i kinda gave up on it. Its a bit
annoying but if its a problem with the firmware, i hop it gets
rectified soon.

I have e-mailed ARGOSY about it. Waiting for their reply. If i find
out anything, i'll let you know. In the mean tme, i'll keep checking
back here incase someone had this problem and found a solution.

Let me know if you find out anything new.

Old March 17th 06, 06:31 PM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage

It's been awhile, so I thought I'd pop in and see what's new in this
thread ... glad to see Argosy has continued to release firmware
updates, and the end of file issue has been fixed.

As for the questions about FTPing, I'd suggest trying a tool called
Beyond Compare (at www.scootersoftware.com); it has a fully
functional 30 day trial. With this tool, you can compare the files
on an FTP site to another location on your machine. I use it at work
a lot to maintain an FTP site we provide to our customers. FYI.

Old March 23rd 06, 11:39 PM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage

pinterestedwrote:
Guys - I have (for the moment) a Bytecc ME-850. The SYS command
reports:
TERM=ansi

login: admin
Password: ****************
LANDISK,Telnet Server [release 2.0]
ASIAMAJORsys
Host Name:LANDISK FirmwaLANDISK 019
Hardware Version : 0008 Speed 125Mhz
Firmware build date(YYYY/MM/DD): 2005/7/15
Timers: 11 In use, 13 free
Primary DNS x.x.x.xSecondary DNS y.y.y.y
System time: 2005/10/15 19:29:25 Time count 11397
log file C:\LOG.TXT, maximum length 0, log function on
Debug level 1
ASIAMAJOR

I cant login with Telnet to my V-Gear Landisk
This ist my String: telnet xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:23

i try it with many ports but it doesnt works...
Maby you can help me?

Old March 24th 06, 03:52 AM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage

You used to be able to telnet into the Tritton/Argosy NAS.
With recent firmware you can no longer do that.

The firmware that came in my box was accessible via telnet, but 6-1013
and later are not. I ran a port scanner on it, and the only ports that
are open now are the FTP and HTTP ports. I think maybe they don't want
people poking around in their system.

Perhaps your Landisk is the same, and simply does not allow telnet
access.

Old April 2nd 06, 04:32 AM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage

HalRogers

Are you able to upload and download file to NAS from outside your
network without any file corruption issues ?

Normaly when when i download and files from NAS outside my network
everything is fine, but uploading from outside my network corrupts
some of my files. Sometimes the same file doesn't get corrupted when
i upload it again later. Uploading locally is fine.

Please let me know if you experience the same issues.