Where 2 get small capacity, quality USB flash drives online ?

Old July 21st 17, 07:21 AM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
bilsch

Default Where 2 get small capacity, quality USB flash drives online ?

Where can I get small capacity, quality USB flash drives online? I want
ten or twenty of about 4GB capacity. I want quality ones that can be
over-written 1000 times or more. Can I get quality ones for say $5 apiece?
TIA. Bill S.
Old July 21st 17, 08:05 AM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
VanguardLH[_2_]

bilsch wrote:

Where can I get small capacity, quality USB flash drives online? I want
ten or twenty of about 4GB capacity. I want quality ones that can be
over-written 1000 times or more. Can I get quality ones for say $5 apiece?
TIA. Bill S.

Quality costs extra. The MLC and TLC type of flash drives are not as
durable. SLC lasts longer but costs more (a lot more).

Since the typical write endurance of consumer-grade USB flash drives is
1 million writes, or more, seems even the cheap quality units can do
what you want. It's the "quality" that costs a lot more.

It's tough getting down to 4 GB. There are 16 GB consumer-grade USB3
flash drives for under $7 at Newegg (http://tinyurl.com/yc32bqva).