SRCS16 (64-bit PCI) in PCI-X slot?

Old April 8th 09, 12:30 PM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Kremlar

Default SRCS16 (64-bit PCI) in PCI-X slot?

I have an Intel SRCS16 RAID controller I'd like to utilize in a new server
build. It's a 3.3v 64-bit PCI card.

I'm wondering if anyone knows if this card will work in a 64-bit PCI-X slot,
specifically in a S3210SHLX motherboard.

I know PCI-X is generally compatible with 3.3v PCI, but not sure about
64-bit PCI...

Old April 9th 09, 12:44 AM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Arno[_3_]

Kremlar wrote:
I have an Intel SRCS16 RAID controller I'd like to utilize in a new server
build. It's a 3.3v 64-bit PCI card.

I'm wondering if anyone knows if this card will work in a 64-bit PCI-X slot,
specifically in a S3210SHLX motherboard.

I know PCI-X is generally compatible with 3.3v PCI, but not sure about
64-bit PCI...

PCI-X just means PCI other than 32 bit 33 Mhz (i.e. ordinary).

I would expect your card to work, however the way to find out is
to try to plyg it in. If the voltages mismatch, it will not fit.

Arno
Old April 9th 09, 04:50 PM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Eric Gisin

"Arno" wrote in message ...
Kremlar wrote:
I have an Intel SRCS16 RAID controller I'd like to utilize in a new server
build. It's a 3.3v 64-bit PCI card.

I'm wondering if anyone knows if this card will work in a 64-bit PCI-X slot,
specifically in a S3210SHLX motherboard.

I know PCI-X is generally compatible with 3.3v PCI, but not sure about
64-bit PCI...

Yes, it is designed to be compatible.

PCI-X just means PCI other than 32 bit 33 Mhz (i.e. ordinary).

I would expect your card to work, however the way to find out is
to try to plyg it in. If the voltages mismatch, it will not fit.

Arno

Wotta Moron. PCI includes 3.3/5V, 32/64b and 33/66Mhz combos. PCI-X is 3.3V and 66+M.
Old April 10th 09, 12:46 PM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Mike Ruskai

On or about Wed, 8 Apr 2009 07:30:22 -0400 did "Kremlar"
dribble thusly:

I have an Intel SRCS16 RAID controller I'd like to utilize in a new server
build. It's a 3.3v 64-bit PCI card.

I'm wondering if anyone knows if this card will work in a 64-bit PCI-X slot,
specifically in a S3210SHLX motherboard.

I know PCI-X is generally compatible with 3.3v PCI, but not sure about
64-bit PCI...

PCI cards are keyed. If it's a compliant card and fits in the slot, it will
almost certainly work.

Specifically, look for a split in the slot near the back on the motherboard,
and a corresponding gap in the card. Something like this (you'll want to use
a monospace font here):

Non-compatible:

|--
|------------------------|