Difference between graphics controller driver and Nvidia TNT driver?

Old September 21st 07, 05:56 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
psongman

Default Difference between graphics controller driver and Nvidia TNT driver?

HI, I think I might have found a reason why I am having trouble
watching videos on my Gateway. What is the difference between those
two drivers mentioned in the title?

On the Gateway site, it says there is a driver
NVidia Graphics Controller driver, version 5.3.2
that is available for download and update. What I am not understanding
is, what are the versions, for example 44.03 for the graphics card?
They sound like two independent drivers to me.

The reason I am asking is I can't control the brightness, contrast,
gamma, etc. even in the Nvidia Control Panel or with Rivatuner....so I
must be needing some other connections. OK well, get back when you
can and I will keep attempting to get my Nvidia Riva TNT card to work
properly,

TIA, appreciate it, psongman

Old September 21st 07, 08:42 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Benjamin Gawert

* psongman:

HI, I think I might have found a reason why I am having trouble
watching videos on my Gateway. What is the difference between those
two drivers mentioned in the title?

Yes. "graphics controller driver" doesn't say *which* graphics
controller it is for. "Nvidia TNT driver" tells us that it's for the
RivaTNT GPU.

On the Gateway site, it says there is a driver
NVidia Graphics Controller driver, version 5.3.2
that is available for download and update. What I am not understanding
is, what are the versions, for example 44.03 for the graphics card?
They sound like two independent drivers to me.

The "NVidia Graphics Controller driver" on the Gateway site is probably
for a gfx card that was sold by Gateway. I don't know if that's a
RivaTNT, a Riva128 or a Geforce. Basically, the best way usually are
drivers from Nvidia.

Benjamin
Old September 22nd 07, 04:03 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
First of One[_2_]

So, all you want to do is to control the brightness and contrast of the
videos? What media player app are you using? Windows Media Player? PowerDVD?
VideoLAN? Be sure to set the app to use overlay rendering.

ups.com...

Old September 23rd 07, 11:53 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
psongman

Hi, yeah, I would say to use overlay rendering but I can't either find
it or if I do, get it to work. There must be something with this card
that is not allowing me to do this. If you know which one of those
video players will allow this, please direct me, and I will just try
and use that one, thanks for assisting, psongman

Old September 24th 07, 01:43 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
First of One[_2_]

I use the open-source Media Player Classic, which has some 7 different
rendering modes.
http://sourceforge.net/project/showf...ckage_id=84358

ups.com...