GTS 250 vibrating

Old April 1st 11, 04:24 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Ayatollah of rock 'n' roller

Default GTS 250 vibrating

Hey all, now and again, my card vibrates and makes an annoying sound whilst
it does so. Let me be clear he it's the card itself and not the fan. If I
place my finger on the edge of the card, the vibration stops as the touch
absorbs it. I've resorted to putting various objects in the case, leaning
against the card but, sooner or later, it starts the noise again. It seems
that the object must be placed just so and it will soon vibrate it out of
place.

Any ideas? Thanks!

Old April 1st 11, 05:13 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Foke[_2_]

On Fri, 1 Apr 2011 16:24:31 +0100, "Ayatollah of rock 'n' roller"
wrote:

Hey all, now and again, my card vibrates and makes an annoying sound whilst
it does so. Let me be clear he it's the card itself and not the fan. If I
place my finger on the edge of the card, the vibration stops as the touch
absorbs it. I've resorted to putting various objects in the case, leaning
against the card but, sooner or later, it starts the noise again. It seems
that the object must be placed just so and it will soon vibrate it out of
place.

Any ideas? Thanks!

It may be the card that's vibrating, but it's the fan that's causing it.
Have your tried cleaning (and possibly lubricating) the fan? If that
doesn't work, you could disconnect the fan and try an after-market cooler.
Old April 3rd 11, 03:06 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
rms[_4_]

Hey all, now and again, my card vibrates and makes an annoying sound whilst
it does so. Let me be clear he it's the card itself and not the fan.

I believe inductors & capacitors commonly have whine or vibration
issues. On newer cards, you'll see 'solid state chokes' that advertise no
buzzing or vibration. I doubt there's a fix for your problem besides
researching for your next upgrade

rms